- Counselor Corner: Here are some resources for parents that our wonderful counselors have put together. Counselor Corner Information Slide
- Math Superstars: Challenge your child to show off their math skills as a Math Superstar! Participants who complete all 20 worksheets will receive a prize packet! This program is supported and run by PTA volunteers. Please visit https://england-pta.memberhub.com/w/programs for more information. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Become a PTA Member: Our school needs parents like you to sign up for PTA. Critical learning tools and resources are paid for by our wonderful PTA, but that means we need you! Please, become a PTA member today. England PTA website
- Fall Parent/Teacher Conference: These will be held on Monday, October 10th (no school day). You will have the opportunity to choose between a "virtual" appointment or "In-Person" appointment. Your conference will be approximately 15 minutes. A sign up sheet will be posted soon.
- Birthday Celebrations: Our School's Policy on celebrating birthdays at school.
- Bluebonnet Book Program: Our class's goal for each student is to read 5 books! The Bluebonnet Program goes until mid-January so we have plenty of time to read, read, read. So, let's get to it!
Bluebonnet Book List 2022 - 2023 Link to book list
Mrs. Lilleboe's Amazon Wish List (books for bluebonnet reading program) Link to list
- Home Access Center: I've started posting grades into Home Access. Please, check weekly to stay up to date on your child's academic progress. Link to Home Access Center. I will be grading and posting more assignments this weekend. Continue to discuss with your child the importance of listening to directions, staying focused on school work and doing his/her personal best on all assignments.
- Third Grade Information Presentation: If you have yet to look over the Third Grade Information Presentation, please take time to do this. This slideshow will provide you with tons of necessary information you will need this school year.
- Sept. 19th or 20th - Math test (Swyers and Lilleboe): Unit 1 - Multiplication/Division (use resources found in the Math Links Tab, Splash Learn and Khan Academy for review)
- Sept. 23 - Math test (Bae, Jones and McKenzie students) Unit 1: Addition and Subtraction (use resources found in the Math Links Tab, Splash Learn and Khan Academy for review)
- Sept 26 - No School - Teacher Work Day
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: Learning the Writing Process (brainstorming, drafting, feedback, revising, editing, publishing). Mentor Sentence work - our focus was on Compound Subjects.
- Reading: We have been learning how good readers become better readers by using strategies. This week we Asked Questions, Identified Details (text evidence/clues from the story), and examined Story Elements in Fiction.
- Swyers and Lilleboe Students: Multiplication and Division Unit. Students have been noticing and identifying the "relationship" or "pattern" in a table, determining the importance in knowing the Double Double Double strategy in figuring out our 2's, 4's and 8's multiplication facts, and using arrays and equal groups in their understanding of multiplication (there are ___ groups of ___, and there are ____ rows and ____ column is unit (factors, product, sum, relationship, pattern, rule, table, doubling, array, times as many). We identified and demonstrated various division strategies (equal groups, array, repeated subtraction, and fact families) with Division Station work.
- Bae, Jones, and McKenzie Students: Addition and Subtraction Unit. Students have been using the number line (adding on or bridging) strategy to determine the sum of 2 addends. They have also been identifying and estimating numbers by rounding to the tens and hundreds. They are working on subtracting 2-digit numbers and 3-digit numbers using a variety of strategies (Counting On and Counting Back).
- Science: Matter Unit - States of matter and their physical properties. We learned about density (Sink and Float) and how to measure mass. Test was today, September 16th.
- Social Studies: We are using Class Dojo daily now. We also are continuing to reinforce our Social Contract and PAWS Expectations. Our Social Contract is our way of building a strong community in our classroom. We also talked about Goal Setting and Growth Mindset. Lastly, are continuing our discussion on "being a good citizen" and we learned about Constitution Day!