- We have 22 students in our class! Welcome Aditi and Aditya to our class.
- Masks - Masks are still required by RRISD (unless parents have opted out), students and teachers are still required to wear masks while on school grounds except for snack, lunch and recess times. The district and our school board will decide on the mask mandate for second semester (more information to come).
- Library Information - This year, our class visits the library weekly on Thursdays. Due to a procedural change, our class needs to return their library books each week on Wednesday. We will still select and check out new books on Thursday. Please help your child remember to bring his/her books back on Wednesdays.
- Behavior in cafeteria - As I mentioned in an email last week, we are having some teasing and unfriendly behavior happening in the cafeteria. The class has had 2 lessons with Mrs. Robinson (our school counselor) on treating friends with kindness, reading and understanding other people's emotions by their expressions on their faces, understanding what "teasing" is and how "teasing" can be hurtful to others. We will continue to work on our understanding of how our actions and words affect other classmates over the next couple of weeks with some Social Emotional Learning lessons in hopes this will resolve our class's unkind behavior in the cafeteria.
- TAG Referral Window is now open - Interested parents can find more information on the TAG website
- Spelling Quiz - Long "i" Sound - quiz on November 16. Spelling words can be found on Schoology in the Writing Course (Spelling folder).
- Math Unit - There will be a Geometry quiz is projected to be on the Thursday right before Thanksgiving break (November 18). The quiz will cover 2D shapes (squares, rectangles, rhombus, trapezoid, parallelogram, triangles). The unit test will be after Thanksgiving break (possibly on December 9 or 10). The unit test will focus on 2D shapes (quadrilaterals and triangles), 3D shapes (pyramids and prisms), perimeter and area. Use the "Math Links" tab on this website, Splash Learn and DreamBox for more support at home with these concepts.
- Science Unit - We'll focus on the push and pull forces, how an object can change its position, gravity's pull on an object, friction and magnetism. This test will be taken on the Wednesday or Thursday before Thanksgiving break. Use the "Science Links" tab on this website for more support at home with these concepts.
- Home Access Center - Please check Home Access Center (HAC) to see your child's current grades on assignments, quizzes and test. If you see a "M" in Home Access, it means you child has not completed and turned in the assignment. Remember, students can make corrections or redo any assignment, quiz or test that is below 70% for a possible 70% per school district policy.
- Class Dojo - Check messages and your child's daily participation by tapping on the Class Dojo app each day. I try to post almost daily a Class Story to share a tidbit of what's going on in our classroom for parents. Each month I'll print off a Class Dojo report and send it home in Thursday folders. Thanks so much for all your support.
- Water bottle and Snack- Please, make sure your child has a water bottle and snack in his/her backpack everyday.
- Become a member of Elsa England's PTA. Tons of great perks! Sign up today! Click Here
Announcements and Friendly Reminders:
3rd Grade Teacher