- No School - Thanksgiving Break (November 20 - 28)
- Winter Party - This will be on Thursday, December 16. A Sign Up Genius for supplies will be emailed out to you all soon from our awesome Room Mom, Rebecca Tait (Luke's mom) so be on the lookout for it after Thanksgiving break. I appreciate all that you can do to help out our class with party supplies. Thank you!!!
- TAG Referral Window is now open until December 9 - Interested parents can find more information on the TAG website
- Math Unit - We had a mid-unit quiz today in Geometry. The unit test will be after Thanksgiving break on Tuesday, December 7. The unit test will focus on 2D shapes (quadrilaterals and triangles), 3D shapes (pyramids and prisms), perimeter and area. Use the "Math Links" tab on this website, Splash Learn and DreamBox for more support at home with these concepts.
- Spelling Quiz - Compound Words will be on December 9. There will be just one list for the whole class for this upcoming spelling focus (compound words). Students will get their list on Monday when we return from break.
- Science Unit - New unit starts on the Monday after Thanksgiving break. We will start the Space unit!! Our focus is on the relationship between the Sun, Earth and Moon (rotations, revolutions) and the 8 planets in our Solar System (even though I don't like to leave poor Pluto out). This unit test will be on Tuesday, December 14.
- Math Unit before Winter Break - this is our Personal Finance unit. We will start it on December 8th and take the unit test (assessment) on December 15th.
- Home Access Center - Please check Home Access Center (HAC) to see your child's current grades on assignments, quizzes and test. If you see a "M" in Home Access, it means you child has not completed and turned in the assignment. Remember, students can make corrections or redo any assignment, quiz or test that is below 70% for a possible 70% per school district policy.
- Class Dojo - Check messages and your child's daily participation by tapping on the Class Dojo app each day. I try to post almost daily a Class Story to share a tidbit of what's going on in our classroom for parents. Each month I'll print off a Class Dojo report and send it home in Thursday folders. Thanks so much for all your support.
- Water bottle and Snack- Please, make sure your child has a water bottle and snack in his/her backpack everyday.
- Become a member of Elsa England's PTA. Tons of great perks! Sign up today! Click Here
Announcements and Friendly Reminders:
3rd Grade Teacher