- Shout out to all the kids for completing their first set of STAAR assessments! Whoo Hoo!
What are we learning:
- Reading Unit - We'll continue to review reading comprehension skills these last 2 weeks of school.
- Writing Unit - We are creating a PBL Conservation Poster. We've reviewed the important characteristics of an advertisement. These posters will be up for Open House Night next Thursday.
- Science Unit - Our last unit is on life cycles. We've discussed, compared and contrasted between the ladybug and frog life cycles this week. Next week we'll look at plant life cycles. We will take this test on May 20th.
- Math Unit - We are reviewing skills and concepts in preparation for 4th grade. This week we've focused on multiplication and division facts 0 - 12.
- Want a yearbook? Please order ASAP at this link.
- PBL Showcase (2nd, 4th and 5th grade students and teachers ) - This will be done during the school day. We have set times as to when these grades will be visiting our classroom for our presentations.
- Spring Conference Forms - Your child's conference form will be emailed to you on May 19th. Tips and suggestions for summer practice will be provided on the form.
- Open House (Spotlight Night) - Thursday, May 19 5:30 - 6:45pm
- This is a time for students to showcase all their amazing work they have done this year. Our PBL projects and activities will be on display too. Classrooms will be open for parents and family to attend. Teachers will be in classrooms to discuss and wrap up the year with you!
- 3rd Grade End-of-Year Party - Thursday, May 26 1:30 - 2:30pm
- This will be a fun, grade level party where the kids will be able to move from classroom to classroom participating in fun activities! Here is the Sign Up Genius link Please sign up to help us with supplies or volunteering!!