Announcements and Friendly Reminders:
- We are a few weeks into the 3rd nine week grading period. Many students are missing work. I know some students have been absent, but missed work still needs to be completed upon return. Everyday we use our Flex Time to complete missing work. Some students are doing a great job at working diligently on missing assignments. Then, there are some students (even with redirection to stay on task) are not getting work done. Please, encourage your child to complete work in a timely manner. Some assignments are online in Schoology, Epic Books, Splash Learn and Readworks. These can be completed at home. With this being said, please check Home Access Center (HAC) to see your child's current grades on assignments, quizzes and test. If you see a "M" in Home Access, it means you child has not completed and turned in that particular assignment. Remember, students can make corrections or redo any assignment, quiz or test that is below 70% for a possible 70% per school district policy.
- Stay informed - Make sure you have the FREE Class Dojo app on your phone so you can see messages from me. Friendly Reminder messages are sent out a couple times a week! Plus, I usually post 1 - 2 pictures a week in our Class Story on Class Dojo showing some of the activities we do during our school day!
- Scholastic Book Order - If you are interested in getting new books for your child, consider ordering books from our Scholastic Book Club. Order online at: clubs.scholastic.com/ Our class code is: NP79X
- Reading Unit - Our current unit: Folktales, fables, myths, legends and dramas. This unit will wrap up the first week in February. Schoology (Reading course) will have charts and information about this unit.
- Writing Unit - Poetry. We started this unit last week with writing our first poem. We will continue to notice and analyze mentor texts (reading poetry with a writer's eye) to help us with our own poetry writing.
- Science Unit - We are currently in the Weather & Earth's Forces (Volcanoes, Landslides, Earthquakes) unit. I've created a folder in Schoology with links, images and information for this unit. Students can also use my Science Links on this website for additional information and support in understanding this unit. The test will be on Friday, February 11.
- Math Unit - Our current unit is 2 Digit and 3 Digit Addition and Subtraction (counting up and back on a number line, regrouping in subtracting, estimating (rounding), and odd/even numbers). This test will be on Friday, February 4. Students can use Dream Box and my Math Links on this website for additional support in addition and subtraction.
- Class Dojo - Check messages and your child's daily participation by tapping on the Class Dojo app each day. I try to post almost daily a Class Story to share a tidbit of what's going on in our classroom for parents. Each month I'll print off a Class Dojo report and send it home in Thursday folders. Thanks so much for all your support.