Announcements and Friendly Reminders:
- Lunch Menus - The December calendar finally came in and was in yesterday's Thursday folder. Here is the link to check the menu online (since there has been lots of changes to the menu this year).
- Soup Drive - The Soup Drive is still going on. Please, have your child bring in a can of soup on Monday or Tuesday! Thanks so much!
- Winter Party - This will be this Thursday, December 16. The winter party Sign Up Genius created by our awesome Room Mom, Rebecca Tait (Luke's mom) is linked here. I appreciate all that you can do to help our class with party supplies. Please, bring these items in by Tuesday. Thank you!!!
- Science Unit - The Space unit! Our focus is on the relationship between the Sun, Earth and Moon (rotations, revolutions) and the 8 planets in our Solar System (even though I don't like to leave poor Pluto out). This unit test will be on Wednesday, December 15.
- Math Unit - We just started our Personal Finance unit. I have uploaded a slideshow of Financial Literacy vocabulary to the Math Course on Schoology (Unit 4 folder). We will take the unit test (assessment) on Thursday, December 16.
- Home Access Center - Please check Home Access Center (HAC) to see your child's current grades on assignments, quizzes and test. If you see a "M" in Home Access, it means you child has not completed and turned in the assignment. Remember, students can make corrections or redo any assignment, quiz or test that is below 70% for a possible 70% per school district policy.
- Class Dojo - Check messages and your child's daily participation by tapping on the Class Dojo app each day. I try to post almost daily a Class Story to share a tidbit of what's going on in our classroom for parents. Each month I'll print off a Class Dojo report and send it home in Thursday folders. Thanks so much for all your support.
- Water bottle and Snack- Please, make sure your child has a water bottle and snack in his/her backpack everyday.
- Become a member of Elsa England's PTA. Tons of great perks! Sign up today! Click Here