- Scholastic Book Orders: It is vital that your child read everyday for 20 - 30 minutes. Ideally, it would be best if you read with your child so that they can practice their fluency, articulation and comprehension skills. Reading STAAR is this year, so keep your child reading!!! Orders are due by this weekend. September 5th. Place your orders online - Your Class Activation Code NP79X. The link to order is HERE. Thank you for all your amazing support!
- Bluebonnet Book Program: Our class's goal for each student to read 5 books! The Bluebonnet Program goes until mid-January so we have plenty of time to read, read, read. So, let's get to it!
Bluebonnet Book List 2022 - 2023 Link to book list
Mrs. Lilleboe's Amazon Wish List (books for bluebonnet reading program) Link to list
- Home Access Center: I've started posting grades into Home Access. Please, check weekly to stay up to date on your child's academic progress. Link to Home Access Center. I will be grading and posting more assignments this weekend.
- Sept. 5 - Scholastic Book Orders due - order online using our code NP79X
- Sept. 5 - NO SCHOOL
- Sept. 16 - Science DCA Test: Unit 1 - Classifying Matter (online games and activities for review are in the Science Links tab on this website)
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: Brainstorming ideas for writing.
- Reading: We have been reading from our book boxes as we learn the STOP & JOT strategy. The kids have been reading and stopping after each page to think about what they just read. Do they have any thoughts? Questions? Predictions? Confusion? Enjoyable moment in the book? Surprising moment? We are also learning about reading stamina...to become stronger and longer readers. Lastly, we've practice the Visualization Strategy and Making Predictions Strategy for helping us with our reading comprehension.
- Swyers and Lilleboe Students: Multiplication and Division Unit. Students have been noticing and identifying the "relationship" or "pattern" in a table, determining the importance in knowing the Double Double Double strategy in figuring out our 2's, 4's and 8's multiplication facts, and using arrays and equal groups in their understanding of multiplication (there are ___ groups of ___, and there are ____ rows and ____ column is unit (factors, product, sum, relationship, pattern, rule, table, doubling, array, times as many).
- Bae, Jones, and McKenzie Students: Addition and Subtraction Unit. Students have been using the number line (adding on or bridging) strategy to determine the sum of 2 addends. They have also been identifying and estimating numbers by rounding to the tens and hundreds.
- Science: Matter Unit - States of matter and their physical properties. We completed a fun Beach Clean Up activity consisting of learning about some of the physical properties of matter (magnetism and texture). Test will be on September 16th. Students can practice and learn more about matter by going to the "Science Links" tab.
- Social Studies: Started Class Dojo and continued to reinforce our Social Contract and PAWS Expectations. Our Social Contract is our way of building a strong community in our classroom. We also talked about Goal Setting and Growth Mindset.