- Hour of Code: During our enrichment time today, the kids got a chance to test out their coding stills with lessons from Hour of Code. Each student received their own log in picture to access their account. They are more than welcome to continue practicing at home. The link is Mrs. Lilleboe's Hour of Code 2018 - 2019. This link is also on my "Just For Fun" links too.
- Coins for Coats is this week! If you and your child would like to participate, please place coins in a ziplock bag (see below) and write in pen: the amount of money (total) and Mrs. Lilleboe's class on the bag.
MONDAY = bring pennies
TUESDAY = bring nickels
WEDNESDAY = bring dimes
THURSDAY = bring quarters
FRIDAY = bring $1 bills (or $5, $10, checks made to "RRASC: Keep Round Rock Warm").
- Scholastic Books From September: I've tracked these books down and they were delivered to the school district on Thursday. Sorry for the delay. They should be here by Monday.
- Math Superstars: Math Superstars has begun!! This is our 3rd grade's math weekly homework this year. It's also an excellent source for keeping up with those math skills. Awards and prizes are given out to those students that complete the worksheet each week and turn it in. At least one parent must be a PTA member for your child to participate. Please, go to the PTA Website to become a member and to find the Math Superstars worksheets (parents print the sheets at home and students turn them in each week).
- Reflections Contest: Is your child talented in drawing, dance, photography, literature, film or music?? Then, encourage your child to participate this year in the RRISD Reflections Contest. Starts September 19th and the deadline is November 2nd. For more information Click Here.
- Bluebonnet Book Program: Our class's goal for each student to read 5 books! The Bluebonnet Program goes until mid-January so we have plenty of time to read, read, read. So, let's get to it
- Home Access Center: Check your child's academic progress every week. Link to Home Access Center. If you still have trouble logging in please contact our school's front office.
- October 15 - 19th Coins for Coats!
- October 16 - Chipotle Spirit Night from 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- October 17 - Picture Day @ 10:40am
- October 19 - Yearbook Art Cover Contest Ends and Box Top Contest Ends (see PTA website for details)
- October 19 - Family Movie Night from 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- October 21 - Soumith's Birthday
- October 22- 26th International Children’s Festival Week
- October 23 - Reading Unit 1 and Unit 2 DCA Test
- October 24 - Science Unit 3 DCA Test
- October 25 - Book Fair Night
- October 30 - 3rd Grade Music Program @ 6:30pm
- November 2 - Reflection Contest Ends (see PTA website for details)
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: Poetry! Our next unit is POETRY. The kids are thrilled. We have been learning about the different types of poetry - narrative, lyrical, humorous, free verse, and personification. We even tried our own free verse poem this week too!
- Reading: We started reading and learning about POETRY. We are reading, analyzing and inferring about poetry. Looking for story elements in narrative poetry. Rhyming patterns, number of stanzas and lines, tone, speaker (or poet), and the meaning behind the poem too.
- Math: We have started our next unit on Multiplication. We learned how to solve multiplication problems using Equal Groups and Arrays this week. Some vocabulary words are: Number of Groups, Number in Each Group, Row, Column, Skip Counting, Repeated Addition, Multiplication Sentence, Factor, Product.
- Science: We started our next unit which is on Energy! We will be learning all about various forms of energy (sound, heat/thermal, light and mechanical).
- Social Studies: Who was Christopher Columbus? Mini Book and Quiz. Eslot (enrichment time) - Hour of Code