- Supplies Needed: We are in desperate need of glue sticks! We use glue just about everyday for something in our journals. If you are able to purchase some glue sticks for the class we would be ever so grateful. Thank you!! Also a 3rd grade supply list for our Enrichment groups and Science has been created. Please, click on the google sheets if you are able to help out. Supply Sheet
- Fall Parent/Teacher Conferences: I truly enjoyed conferences this week. Parents you have some amazing kiddos and I am so lucky to be their teacher. If you were unable to make your conference time this week and would like to set something up next week, please email me a day and time we can chat after school. We can do a conference over the phone too if that's easier for you as an other option. Just let me know.
- Enrichment Interest Groups: For the next 8 weeks, the kids will be involved in Interest Groups during our Friday Enrichment Time (8:00 - 8:40am). The kids completed a Google form interest survey picking their 3 top choices or interests. The kids will stay in this group for 4 weeks and then switch groups. This is a grade level activity, therefore the kids are getting a chance to work with other 3rd graders with the same interests! We started groups today so talk to your child about what group they are in.
- PTA Direct Donations: PTA is in need of our help! Our wonderful school doesn't run effectively without the support of it's PTA and parents like you. Donate today and 100% of your contributions goes right back into our amazing school. Click here: Elsa England PTA Direct Donations
- Math Apps for your phone! Fun apps for your mobile device. Get some of these for your kids and watch their math skills grow! My favorites for my own kids are: Math Bumpies, PopMath, Mathmateer, ArithmeTick, Math Ninja, King of Math, 1-12 Facts Multiplication Baseball, Math Planet, Geometry, My Math App.
- Math Strategies: I took a couple of pictures of our math strategies we have been using in class (Addition and Subtraction). I posted these in the "Math Links" tab. I will continue to add strategies we are doing in class to help your kiddo at home. I will post the Multiplication Strategies that we learned this week!
- Bluebonnet Books: Thank you parents for being so supportive of the Bluebonnet Program. We have quite a few bluebonnet books in our own classroom library!! Unfortunately, the Bluebonnet Books are not options on Scholastic. If you are interested in purchasing some bluebonnet books for our classroom. Please, visit my Bluebonnet Book Wish List on Amazon. "Mrs. Lilleboe's Bluebonnet Book Wish List"
- Xtramath & Timed Quizzes- Xtramath and Timed Quizzes can be found under the "Links and Strategies" tab. Then, simply click on the "Math Links" tab. Great resources for students to brush up on their math facts! Perfect for homework (math facts)!
- Grades: Make sure to start checking Home Access. My goal is to post a couple of assignments or test grades each week. Link to Home Access Center.
- October 2 - 30th PTA Direct Donation
- October 12 - No School (Columbus Day)
- October 15 - Chick-Fil-A Night (Spirit Night)
- October 20 - Student Council Interest Meeting (3;00 - 4:00pm) for 3rd, 4th and 5th graders
A BIG Thank You to parents who have placed Scholastic Book Orders - our classroom library is growing! Scholastic book orders can be placed anytime. Just click on the link! Class code: NP79X