- Fall Conferences: Schedule your one-on-one conference by going to this link Fall Conferences Please, add your name and your child's name. If you are unable to come on Monday, October 9, email me days and times that work for you in October. I will get back to you with which one works for me. Thanks!
- Xtramath: Congratulations to Effie, Aadi, Shlok and Maria. They have completed a section in Xtramath. Nice work! Students are strongly encouraged to practice their math facts using this program on a daily basis (about 10 minutes a day). I get weekly updates from Xtramath showing student progress. I get a report from Xtramath every Sunday! Kids can win certificates and prizes!
- Scholastic Book Orders: It is vital that your child read everyday for 20 - 30 minutes. September orders are due by TODAY! Place your orders online - Your Class Activation Code NP79X. The link to order is HERE. Order from any of the online flyers! Thank you for all your amazing support!
- Bluebonnet Book Program: Our class's goal for each student to read 5 books! The Bluebonnet Program goes until mid-January so we have plenty of time to read, read, read. So, let's get to it!
Bluebonnet Book List 2017 - 2018 http://www.txla.org/new-tba-list-released
Mrs. Lilleboe's Bluebonnet Book Wish List http://a.co/j39aDD1
- Math Superstars: This is an excellent source for keeping up with those math skills. Awards and prizes are given out to those students that complete the worksheet each week and turn it in. This will begin this Monday. Math Superstars link is on the Welcome Page.
- Home Access Center: Check weekly to stay up to date on your child's academic progress. Link to Home Access Center.
- Wobble Stools - Wobble stools are an alternative desk seating option for your child. Wobble stools help provide students with the ability to wiggle as they sit. They help some students to focus more on their work too. This is a parent purchased item. With that said, at the end of the year the wobble stool is yours. Your child can then use them in 4th and 5th grade. I would recommend the 18" stool. Here are a couple of websites of where to make this purchase if you are interested. Really Good Stuff - Wobble Stool and Active Learning Stool - Amazon.com
- Sept. 29 - September Scholastic Book Orders due - order online using our code NP79X - I will place our class order late tonight
- Sept. 29 - Last day to turn in Shelby Holmes book order form and money
- October 1 - Math Superstars begins....Print out the weekly sheet and have your child turn it in on Fridays.
- October 2 - Final Draft of Personal Narratives due
- October 2 - PTA Direct Donation Fundraiser begins!! Click HERE to donate to our school!
- October 9 - No School for students - Parent/Teacher Conferences (scheduled times)
- October 10 - No School for students - Teacher Professional Development Day
- October 12 - Science Unit DCA Test - Changes in Matter and Mixtures
- October 13 - Math Unit DCA Test - Graphs/Charts/Data - Place Value/Rounding - Addition/Subtraction
- October 13 - Spelling test - first spelling test - each spelling group will be tested on his/her words.
- October 25 - Third Grade Fall Concert @ 6:30 pm
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: Personal Narrative Unit. We have written our rough drafts this week. We've also completed our revising (adding stronger words) and editing (remembering our punctuation, capitalization and spelling) on our rough drafts. We will write our final drafts on Monday. If your child brings his/her writing journal home, please look over their rough draft with them if they need additional assistance in revising/editing. Thank you!
- Reading: We dove into reading comprehension strategies this week, specifically the Making Predictions, Visualization and Asking Questions strategies using books Charlotte's Web and The Stranger.
- Math: Place Value, Rounding/Estimation, Addition/Subtraction Unit - this week our focus has been rounding/estimation, place value expanded form/standard form and addition using partial sums (breaking apart a number). Students can review these concepts by using the Math Links tab (Place Value and Rounding).
- Science: Our current science unit is Changes in Matter and Mixtures. The focus this week has been on changes in matter using our new vocabulary (melting, freezing, evaporation, condensation). Next week, we will focus on mixtures. My hope is to have the test by this Friday, October 6.
- Social Studies: Columbus Day next week!