- Fall Conferences: Schedule your one-on-one conference by going to this link Fall Conferences Please, add your name and your child's name. If you are unable to come on Monday, October 9, email me days and times that work for you in October. I will get back to you with which one works for me. Thanks!
- Xtramath: Congratulations to Varun, Vivian and Arush! They have completed the first section in Xtramath (addition). Nice work! Students are strongly encouraged to practice their math facts using this program on a daily basis (about 10 minutes a day). I get weekly updates from Xtramath showing student progress. This will become one of the items your child can do for homework. I get a report from Xtramath every Sunday! Kids can win certificates and prizes!
- Scholastic Book Orders: It is vital that your child read everyday for 20 - 30 minutes. September orders are due by next Thursday, September 28th. Place your orders online - Your Class Activation Code NP79X). The link to order is HERE. Order from any of the online flyers! Thank you for all your amazing support!
- Bluebonnet Book Program: Our class's goal for each student to read 5 books! The Bluebonnet Program goes until mid-January so we have plenty of time to read, read, read. So, let's get to it!
Bluebonnet Book List 2017 - 2018 http://www.txla.org/new-tba-list-released
Mrs. Lilleboe's Bluebonnet Book Wish List http://a.co/j39aDD1
- Math Superstars: This is an excellent source for keeping up with those math skills. Awards and prizes are given out to those students that complete the worksheet each week and turn it in. This will begin October 1st. Math Superstars link is on the Welcome Page.
- Home Access Center: Check weekly to stay up to date on your child's academic progress. Link to Home Access Center.
- Wobble Stools - Wobble stools are an alternative desk seating option for your child. Wobble stools help provide students with the ability to wiggle as they sit. They help some students to focus more on their work too. This is a parent purchased item. With that said, at the end of the year the wobble stool is yours. Your child can then use them in 4th and 5th grade. I would recommend the 18" stool. Here are a couple of websites of where to make this purchase if you are interested. Really Good Stuff - Wobble Stool and Active Learning Stool - Amazon.com
- Sept. 28 - September Scholastic Book Orders due - order online using our code NP79X
- Sept. 29 - Last day to turn in Shelby Holmes book order form and money
- October 1 - Math Superstars begins....Print out the weekly sheet and have your child turn it in on Fridays.
- October 2 - Final Draft of Personal Narratives are due!
- October 9 - No School for students - Parent/Teacher Conferences (scheduled times)
- October 10 - No School for students - Teacher Professional Development Day
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: Personal Narrative Unit. We began focusing on our one small moment we are going to use for our personal narrative (Exploding the Moment and Plot Diagram).
- Reading: We have been reading all about how our founding fathers created our country's constitution. Next week, we will dive into some reading comprehension strategies (inferencing, visualization and asking questions).
- Math: Place Value, Rounding/Estimation, Addition/Subtraction Unit - this week our focus has been on all the ways to represent a number (Place value blocks, expanded form, standard/numerical form, written/word form) and understanding what each digit's value is in a large number. For example: what is the value of the 5 digit in this number - 35,467? The answer: the 5 digit's value is 5,000. Next week, comparing numbers and rounding/estimation. Students can review these concepts by using the Math Links tab (Place Value and Rounding).
- Science: We wrapped up our Matter Unit - States of matter and their physical properties. Our next unit is Changes in Matter and Mixtures. We will start on Monday! My hope is to have the test by Friday, October 6th.
- Social Studies: Freedom week - Making the Constitution, Lady Liberty, Old Glory.