- End-of-the-Year Party!! We need volunteers! Sign up to volunteer or bring something to our 3rd grade party. Click here
- Is Your Child Leaving Before The Last Day Of School? - Please, let me know if your child will be leaving for summer vacation before June 2nd.
- Class Dojo - Continue to stay connected these last few weeks by checking Class Dojo daily! I send messages on a regular basis.
- 2016 - 2017 Bluebonnet Book List is now posted! Click here for the new list! Bluebonnet List. I have added these new books to my Amazon wish list too at Mrs. Lilleboe's Bluebonnet List. Kids can start reading them now and be ready for next year!
- Home Access Updated: We are into our last nine week grading period. Please, check this regularly to stay on top of your kiddos performance in class. I will forewarn you that second semester can be more challenging as we prepare these kiddos for 4th grade. Expectations on graded work will increase. Home Access Link
- May 23rd - All books back to the library!
- May 25th - Last day to turn in any graded work (assignments)
- May 26th - Google Expeditions! 10:15 - 10:45am
- May 27th - Final School Assembly for the year!
- May 30th - No School - Memorial Day
- June 1st - 3rd grade End-of-the-Year Party
- June 2nd - Last Day of School - Bring your year book!
- June 2nd - 2nd Semester Report Card - going home with your child.
In Writing, we are wrapping up our realistic fiction stories! The kids are in the middle of typing up their final drafts. We didn't get them done for Spotlight Night, but will have them done by Tuesday morning at the absolute latest!
In Reading, we are still in our book clubs. The kids met with their groups to discuss the book. Then completed a response question and/or vocabulary words for chapters 7 - 9. We will continue book clubs next week. I will be grading the book club chapter responses (chapters 7 - 10) next Tuesday.
In Math, we will start a very short unit on math algorithms (addition, subtraction and multiplication) on Monday. We will also review various math skills we've learned this year using a variety of games and activities the next couple of weeks. There is no test for this unit.
In Science, we have started our next unit: Exploring Force, Work and Gravity. This is a fun unit as it has tons of experiments! This unit will take about 2 weeks to complete. We will have our test on this Wednesday. Then, we will have one last short science unit on the solar system.
In Social Studies, we spent some time with our Kinder Buddies!
Read Aloud Time, we are reading a new Bluebonnet Book called Woof.