- Thank you to Lucas's mom for bringing in tons of supplies - glue sticks, post it notes and Expo markers! We needed them! Plus, a big thank you to Heidi's mom and Cole's mom for coming today and helping out with our tie dye shirts!!!
- Field Day T-Shirts - Your child is bringing home his/her field day tie dyed t-shirt. Please, do not wash the shirt until Saturday or Sunday so that the colors get a chance to soak into the shirt. Then your first step is to take the shirt out of the ziplock bag and place it into your kitchen sink. Using scissors, carefully cut the rubber bands (be careful to not cut the t-shirt fabric). Once all the rubber bands are out, rinse the t-shirt in cool water. Carefully squeeze the excess water out of the shirt. Then, wash the t-shirt in your washer by ITSELF (no other clothes in the washer). Wash on "cold" with a little bit of laundry soap. Then, dry your shirt by ITSELF in the dryer. I would wash it separately for the next few washes!!
- Is Your Child Leaving Before The Last Day Of School? - Please, let me know if your child will be leaving for summer vacation before June 2nd.
- Spring Book Fair - Our Spring Book Fair is coming up next week! Our preview days are on Monday and Tuesday. Then, kids can make purchases during the day on Wednesday and Thursday. Plus, the Book Fair will be open Thursday evening for Spotlight Night! For more information click HERE.
- Class Dojo - Continue to stay connected these last few weeks by checking Class Dojo daily! I send messages on a regular basis.
- LAST Chance - Spring Scholastic Book Orders - Order forms/new catalogs went home yesterday in Thursday folders. Get a jump on your child's summer reading. Purchase a few books from scholastic! Orders need to be made by May 20th to guarantee delivery before school ends. Scholastic Link Here! Our class code is: NP79X
- 2016 - 2017 Bluebonnet Book List is now posted! Click here for the new list! Bluebonnet List. I have added these new books to my Amazon wish list too at Mrs. Lilleboe's Bluebonnet List. Kids can start reading them now and be ready for next year!
- Home Access Updated: We are into our last nine week grading period. Please, check this regularly to stay on top of your kiddos performance in class. I will forewarn you that second semester can be more challenging as we prepare these kiddos for 4th grade. Expectations on graded work will increase. Home Access Link
- May 13th - Last day to check out any books
- May 16th - 20th - Elsa England Spring Book Fair! Preview Days - May 16th and 17th.
- May 18th - Turn in all library books!!
- May 19th - Spotlight Night & Book Fair @ 5:30pm-7:30pm. Come check out all your child's amazing work!
- May 20th - Field Day - Wear your tie dye t-shirt and bring a water bottle!
- May 27th - Final School Assembly for the year!
- May 30th - No School - Memorial Day
- June 1st - 3rd grade End-of-the-Year Party
- June 2nd - Last Day of School - Bring your year book!
- June 2nd - 2nd Semester Report Card - going home with your child.
In Writing, we are deep into our realistic fiction stories. We started our rough drafts this week!! My hope is that we will have our final draft complete for Spotlight Night, May 19th. The kids will receive grades on a number of assignments for each section of the writing process (storyboard/story mountain, leads, rough draft, revising/editing, and final draft). Students were encouraged to bring home their writing journals this weekend to continue working on their rough drafts.
In Reading, we started book clubs! The kids chose the book they would like to read. We have 6 book clubs with 3 - 4 students in each club. We read chapters 4 - 6 this week. The kids met with their groups to discuss the book and completed a response question and/or vocabulary words for each chapter. We will continue book clubs next week. I will be grading the book club chapter responses (chapters 1 - 6) this weekend.
In Math, we will start a very short unit on math algorithms (addition, subtraction and multiplication) on Monday. We will also review various math skills we've learned this year using a variety of games and activities the next couple of weeks. There is no test for this unit.
In Science, we have started our next unit: Exploring Force, Work and Gravity. This is a fun unit as it has tons of experiments! This unit will take about 2 weeks to complete. I hope to have our test on May 25th. Then, we will have one last short science unit on the solar system.
In Social Studies, we spent some time learning about inventions that have changed and shaped our world. The kids chose an invention they believe has made the biggest impact on our society. They researched about the invention. Then they created a Google Drawing showing all that they have learned about the invention and how it has impacted our daily lives. This was a graded assignment.
Read Aloud Time, we are reading a new Bluebonnet Book called Woof.