- Thank You Parents! STEAM Day was a super fun and educational day all in part to our parents that came into the school to share their career passions with us. Thank you Mr. Hamrick for being a representative from our class in this awesome day.
- Math Review Packet: A review packet will be going home next Wednesday. This packet is to help your child prepare for the math DCA test on Monday, April 17.
- Home Access Updated: Please, check this regularly to stay on top of your kiddos performance in class. I will forewarn you that second semester can be more challenging as we prepare these kiddos for STAAR and 4th grade. Expectations on graded work will increase. Home Access Link
- STAAR Tests Are Coming! The scheduled STAAR tests will be on May 8th and May 9th. Want to help prepare your child at home? Suggestions for math: ixl.com, Prodigy and Think Through Math are excellent online resources your child has access to. The links to these sites can be found under the "Math Links" tab. Suggestions for reading: reading comprehension passages with questions. Check out the "Reading Links" tab for tons of great online resources. Check out this link for test questions from 2015, 2014 and 2013. STAAR Test Questions
- April 13 - 3rd Grade Assembly - Special performance for our 3rd grade parents at 1:30pm
- April 14 - No School
- April 17 - 21 Run Wild for Wildlife and Earth Week (pledge and donate to England's first Run Wild)
- April 21 - Run Wild for Wildlife (Run-A-Thon) during Specials
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: Conventions in Writing - Subject/Verb Agreement, Writing a Summary (Fiction and Nonfiction)
- Reading: Working on PBL Powtoons, Fiction Reading Passage Practice, Reading Strategies - Summary (B-M-E) in Nonfiction Text.
- Math: Deepening our understanding of multiplication and division with larger numbers. Using Distributive and Associative Strategies with Partial Products. Plus, using the Standard Algorithm in Multiplication.
- Social Studies: Inventors and Inventions