- Thank You Parents: Thank you parents for all your support at home. As we prepare these kiddos for STAAR, there will be additional homework practice coming home. Please, feel free to have your child use the links and activities under the "Links and Strategies" tab for additional practice.
- Scholastic Book Orders: I'll place another book order next Friday (end of the month) for March.
- Home Access Updated: Please, check this regularly to stay on top of your kiddos performance in class. I will forewarn you that second semester can be more challenging as we prepare these kiddos for STAAR and 4th grade. Expectations on graded work will increase. Home Access Link
- STAAR tests (early-May): They are just around the corner. Want to help prepare your child at home? Suggestions for math: Xtramath, timed quizzes, ixl.com, and Think Through Math are excellent online resources your child has access to. The links to these sites can be found under the "Math Links" tab. Suggestions for reading: reading comprehension passages with questions. Check out the "Reading Links" tab for tons of great online resources.
- March 28 - Science DCA Test (Environments/Ecosystems and Food Chains)
- March 31 - Last day for March Scholastic Book Orders
- April 5 - Early Release Day
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: Expository Writing
- Reading: Working on PBL Powtoons, Expository Writing, Nonfiction reading (Scholastic News)
- Math: Review of time, perimeter, capacity (gallons, quarts, pints, cups, fluid ounces, liters and milliliters), weight (ounces, pounds, tons), and multiplication/division problems (specifically using a strip diagram and "T" chart - finding the rule).
- Science: Environments (ecosystems) and Food Chains Unit