Shout Outs for the week:
- Shout out to Cole's parents for purchasing more glue sticks for us this week! :)
- From Ms. Stowe: Please continue to monitor the updates posted from the district on this webpage. You can refer to the guidelines that the district has already published for students and staff to follow. Any changes to the district schedules or guidelines will be posted for the community through the district website and also emailed to parents through the district news feed. District news is sent automatically to the parent email address on file. If you have specific questions about attendance, please contact our registrar, Monica Gonzalez .
- Spring Break (NO school): March 14 - March 22
- Field Trip to Westcave Preserve: March 30
- New Splash Math Class Code for March: ZUJCDN
- STAAR Testing: This year your child will be taking the Reading and Math STAAR tests (May 12th and 13th). Please, do not have your child "practice" the online STAAR tests at home. This puts additional stress and anxiety on your child. Let's remember, your child is 8 or 9 years old. This is the first year of STAAR tests. Your child already feels the stress and pressure to do well. The best things you can do at home to help prepare your child are:
- Math Practice: use Prodigy, Khan Academy, Splash Math (Splash Learn), Xtramath, and Mrs. Lilleboe's Math links on this website.
- Reading Practice: continue to have your child read every night (document in yellow folder on the reading log sheet) and use the Mrs. Lilleboe's Reading Links.
- Go over assignments that come home in Thursday folders. If your child misses a question, work together to get the answer correct. :)