- Economics Fair: It's this Tuesday! Only 3 more days left!! Please, help your child in making sure they have their 35 - 40 product items made for Tuesday morning. Students should bring their products, a small amount of change to purchase other items at the fair (ziplock baggie of quarters), and wear their Elsa England T-Shirt (grey or pink) on Tuesday morning. We will begin setting up for the Economics Fair just before 8:00am. We are asking that parents do not stay for the Economics Fair. Elsa England has well over 1,200 students, and its just too hard to accommodate parents. I will take pictures and post them on the Weekly Update for you. Click here for the Economics Fair Flyer
- Field Trip Forms: Two green field trip forms came home 2 weeks ago. Please, take a moment to fill them out and return by March 11th.
- Libraries of Love: All of first grade is excited to be a part of a service learning opportunity called Libraries of Love. Important information about the project was sent home today with your child! First grade is collecting money to help create libraries in Uganda. They will also be hosting a Walk-a-thon on March 14th. Students can walk with a new, hardcover book and read it with their buddy before donating it to a good cause! Record Sheet was in Thursday folders yesterday. It's due back on March 13th.
- Home Access Center: Check your child's academic progress every week. Link to Home Access Center. If you still have trouble logging in please contact our school's front office.
- STAAR Assessments May 13 and May 14: They are just around the corner. Want to help prepare your child at home? Suggestions for math: khan academy (students have a login already or set one up for FREE) and my "Math Links" tab are excellent online resources your child has access to. You can also create your own subscription to ixl.com and create an account for your child. It's a great math resource! Suggestions for reading: reading comprehension passages with questions and other reading comprehension skills. Check out the "Reading Links" tab for tons of great online resources.
- March 11 - Field Trip forms (both green forms) must be returned.
- March 12 - Economics Fair Day! - All items must be present for the fair for selling - major grade!
- March 14 - Science DCA Test - Space
- March 16 - 24 SPRING BREAK
- March 25 - Ocean Adventure School Assembly at 7:45am
- March 25 - Mrs. Lilleboe's Class Field Trip to Westcave Preserve at 9:00am
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: This week our focus was on working on our "revising" skills. We worked on 3 different passages looking for revising errors (adding or deleting sentences, rearranging sentences, combining sentences). We had our Revising/Editing DCA yesterday. Scores will be posted this weekend.
- Reading: We are deep into our Informational/Nonfiction Reading Unit. We are using a number of PBL resources for this unit. Materials may be articles from magazines, books, online sources, and videos. We'll begin taking "notefacts" from these materials as we research our PBL project.
- Math: Our current unit is Fractions (comparing fractions and equivalent fractions). Additional practice can be found under "Math Links", Khan Academy or Prodigy.
- Science: We are in our Space unit. This week our focus was on the planets in our solar system. The kids researched each planet with a partner. We'll finish this research up next week. Our unit DCA will be on March 14th.
- Social Studies: In our Economics unit we focused on advertising. We created our posters for the Economics Fair. We'll finish these posters up on Monday so they are ready for the fair on Tuesday.
- Eslot: Getting ready for the Economics Fair