- Congratulations: We have some amazing kiddos in our class! Ayushi, Chanukya, Pranita and Shlok will all be moving onto State competitions for Destination Imagination! Pranita won a medal for Creativity too! Last but not least, our Elsa England Bluebonnet Team which our own Nithila, the only 3rd grader on the team, placed 3rd at last night's regional contest! Nice job everyone!!!
- 2016 - 2017 Bluebonnet Book List is now posted! Click here for the list! Bluebonnet List. I have added these new books to my Amazon wish list - Mrs. Lilleboe's Bluebonnet List. Kids can start reading them now and be ready for next year!
- Home Access Updated: I will continue to post grades weekly into Home Access. Please, check this regularly to stay on top of your kiddos performance in class. I will forewarn you that second semester can be more challenging as we prepare these kiddos for 4th grade. Expectations on graded work will increase. Home Access Link
- STAAR Assessments (mid-May): They are just around the corner. Want to help prepare your child at home? Suggestions for math: Xtramath, timed quizzes, ixl.com, and khan academy are excellent online resources your child has access to. The links to these sites can be found under the "Math Links" tab. Suggestions for reading: reading comprehension passages with questions. Check out the "Reading Links" tab for tons of great online resources. Check out this link for test questions from 2015, 2014 and 2013. STAAR Test Questions
- Unusual Reading Spot Contest: Does your kiddo love to read in fun and unusual spots? Check into this fun contest! Get contest rules and info by clicking here - The 4th Annual Unusual Reading Spot Contest
- Wish Lists: If you are able and wanting to contribute other resources to our learning, go to my other wish list on Amazon. "Mrs. Lilleboe's Wish List". Thank you for your continued support!
- March 12 - 20: Spring Break
- March 25: No School - Good Friday and End-of-Third Nine Weeks!
In Reading, we almost wrapped up our Informational (nonfiction) text unit. We didn't quite finish our endangered animal popplets (graphic organizers). We'll have to finish this up after the break. The reading strategy we worked on this week was: How characters change in a story? Finding the text evidence to prove our thinking. We did this as a whole class reading the story "Max's Words".
In Writing, we spent time getting back to...writing. We wrote about "What we are excited most for this spring break? Why" and "What was our favorite book so far this year that our teacher has read aloud to us? Why". We did this today and Wednesday morning. The kids enjoyed taking time to just write for 20 minutes, then sharing their writing with a partner.
In Math, we started a very short unit, Data and Graphs. The kids have created frequency charts and bar charts (read-a-thon questions). We've done various comparing and analyzing of bar charts and pictographs this week as a class and independently. Our unit test is next week on Wednesday, March 9th.
In Science, we wrapped up our Weather and Water Cycle unit this week! We also got the opportunity to work with our Kinder Buddies this week on a science project.
In Social Studies, we concluded our Economics Unit this week with a very successful Economics Fair on Tuesday. As a 3rd grade, we raised over $2,300 for the World Wildlife Fund! Wow!