Shout Outs for the week:
Shout out to Amari, Carell, Maley, Darian, Sumedh, Keagan, Alyssa, Vihaan, Ava and Gia's parents for purchasing supplies for our classroom! It is greatly appreciated. We are always in need of glue sticks and Kleenex, so feel free to pick up these supplies anytime during the year or check my Amazon Wish List too.
- Bluebonnet Book Author Visit: March 10
- Economics Fair Project Items (35 - 40 items) Due: March 11
- Economics Fair: March 11 in the cafeteria (8:00am - 10:00am)
- Science DCA Test (Earth's Forces - Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Landslides): March 11
- Reading DCA Test (Nonfiction and folktale): March 12
- Field Trip Forms Due: March 12
- Math DCA Test (Multiplication and Division): March 13
- Walk-A-Thon with a Book "Libraries of Love": March 13
- Spring Break (NO school): March 14 - March 22
- Field Trip to Westcave Preserve: March 30
- New Splash Math Class Code for March: ZUJCDN
- STAAR Testing: This year your child will be taking the Reading and Math STAAR tests (May 12th and 13th). Please, do not have your child "practice" the online STAAR tests at home. This puts additional stress and anxiety on your child. Let's remember, your child is 8 or 9 years old. This is the first year of STAAR tests. Your child already feels the stress and pressure to do well. The best things you can do at home to help prepare your child are:
- Math Practice: use Prodigy, Khan Academy, Splash Math (Splash Learn), Xtramath, and Mrs. Lilleboe's Math links on this website.
- Reading Practice: continue to have your child read every night (document in yellow folder on the reading log sheet) and use the Mrs. Lilleboe's Reading Links.
- Go over assignments that come home in Thursday folders. If your child misses a question, work together to get the answer correct. :)