- Economics Fair: Next Thursday, March 9th is our 3rd grade Economics Fair. Your child hopefully has been working on his/her 35 - 40 items to be sold at the fair. Only 5 more days to work on it at home! Your child will need to bring in his/her 35 - 40 items on Thursday morning. We will begin to set up for the fair right away in the morning around 7:55am. The fair starts at 8:10am. Parents are more than welcome to come and help out.
- Home Access Updated: Please, check this regularly to stay on top of your kiddos performance in class. I will forewarn you that second semester can be more challenging as we prepare these kiddos for STAAR and 4th grade. Expectations on graded work will increase. Home Access Link
- STAAR tests (early-May): They are just around the corner. Want to help prepare your child at home? Suggestions for math: Xtramath, timed quizzes, ixl.com, and Think Through Math are excellent online resources your child has access to. The links to these sites can be found under the "Math Links" tab. Suggestions for reading: reading comprehension passages with questions. Check out the "Reading Links" tab for tons of great online resources.
- March 9 - The 3rd grade Economics Fair (start at 8:15am)
- March 10 - Spelling Test
- March 11 - March 19 Spring Break (no school)
- March 24 - Math DCA Test (Multiplication/Division, Perimeter, Time, Capacity - weight, mass, liquid)
- March 31 - Last day for March Scholastic Book Orders
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: How to use a dictionary? Lesson and working on our PBL Powtoons!
- Reading: Nonfiction reading passages with comprehension questions (Dr. Seuss biography & Scholastic News). We also have been revisiting Text Features in nonfiction reading material (Text Feature Hunt Activity).
- Math: Multiplication & Division word problems (specifically using a strip diagram along with the appropriate equation), Perimeter and Time.
- Social Studies: Economics and Financial Literacy Unit (credit cards vs debit cards/cash, advertising).
- Science: Environments (ecosystems) and Food Chains Unit