- Thank you: A big "thank you" goes out to Effie's, Yashvi's, Maria's, Ethan's and Aditri's parents for contributing glue sticks, notebook paper, rulers and Expo markers!!! Thank you so much!!
- New Student: Good news, we have a new student starting on Monday! His name is Vishwak. Let's show him how awesome our class and Elsa England really is!!
- Economics Fair Information: Everyone should be working on his/her Economics Fair Products. Remember, each student needs to make 35 - 40 items for the Economics Fair by March 6. An email went out this morning with more details about the big day, please make sure to read it!!! Thank you.
- Field Trip Forms: The "green" field trip forms are due by Wednesday. I am missing these student forms: Arush, Mythri, Richard, Veda.
- March 6 - The 3rd Grade Economics Fair - Bring in your 35 - 40 items and your Economics Fair Project Sheet completed!
- March 7 - Green Field Trip forms are due!
- March 8 - Science DCA Test: Space (sun/moon/earth and solar system planets)
- March 8 - Career Day with Guest Speakers (financial literacy, catering business)
- March 9 - Fraction Test (Identifying fractions, comparing fractions and equivalent fractions)
- March 10 - 18 Spring Break (no school)
- March 22 - Revising/Editing DCA Test
- March 23 - Lilleboe/Raney Field Trip to Westcave Preserve
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: This week our focus was on getting ready for the Economics Fair.
- Reading: This week we began our next unit: Informational (nonfiction) Text and Research our PBL project. We took a closer look at some images of Habitat Loss and discussed the issues (problems) surrounding habitat loss. We also created a list of questions we want to find answers to as we research about Habitat Loss.
- Math: Ou unitr is Fractions (comparing fractions and equivalent fractions). Kids can start reviewing fractions at home by using the "Math Links". There will be a test on Friday, March 9.
- Science: We are deep into our unit on Space! This week we researched about the planets in our Solar System. Test is currently scheduled for March 8.
- Social Studies: This unit is Economics (financial literacy). We've learned about various methods of payment (cash, debit, checks and credit cards). We discussed what the word "interest" means in terms of using a credit card. We also learned about why we save money and why we should create a budget.
- Enrichment: Designing and drawing our Economics Fair poster.