- Valentine's Day Party and Supplies - Valentine's Day is coming up this Thursday!!! Please, click on the link to help with our 3rd grade Valentine's Day party. The only way to make this party a success is with your help! We really need volunteers that can help out during the party with one of the activity stations (1:30pm - 2:30pm). Please, consider helping out and supporting our kids! Thank you.
3rd Grade Valentine Party -- Supplies and Helpers Needed Click Here!
- Valentine Boxes and Valentine Cards - A pink flyer went home in your child's Thursday folder about decorating a Valentine Box and making Valentine cards for each classmate. The list of students in our class is on the pink flyer. Please, bring these items to school on this upcoming Thursday, February 14th.
- February Scholastic Book Orders - The February Scholastic Book Orders are due Thursday, February 28th Place your orders online - Your Class Activation Code NP79X. The link to order is HERE. Thank you to Jose's mom and Ethan H's mom for ordering books last month!
- Economics Fair Information: The Economics Fair Project has begun! Thank you to those students that got their "yellow" Economics Fair Sheet turned in today stating what project/product you have decided to make. Students are required to make 35 - 40 product items. Please, refer to the "yellow" sheet for requirements and expectations.
- Six Flag Reading Program - The form came home last week in Thursday folders. Please, read and follow the directions on the form. Students can turn this form in anytime before February 22nd. Do you lose your Six Flags Reading Program sheet? No worries, just ask for another one!
- Home Access Center: Check your child's academic progress every week. Link to Home Access Center. If you still have trouble logging in please contact our school's front office.
- STAAR Assessments May 13 and May 14: They are just around the corner. Want to help prepare your child at home? Suggestions for math: khan academy (students have a login already or set one up for FREE) and my "Math Links" tab are excellent online resources your child has access to. You can also create your own subscription to ixl.com and create an account for your child. It's a great math resource! Suggestions for reading: reading comprehension passages with questions and other reading comprehension skills. Check out the "Reading Links" tab for tons of great online resources.
- February 14 - Third Grade Valentine's Day Party (1:30 - 2:30) - Valentine Boxes and Cards are due!!
- February 15 - Economics Fair Project Sheet - Check in (Are supplies and materials purchased? Have you gotten started on making your products?)
- February 15 - Pom Pom Reward Day (Mrs. Lilleboe getting donuts for the class!)
- February 18 & 19 - NO School.
- February 21 - Science DCA - Weather unit
- February 22 - Career Fair Day
- March 1 - Math DCA Unit 5 & 6 (Geometry - 2D shapes, 3D shapes, Quadrilaterals, Area...Plus Multiplication and Division).
- March 12 - Economics Fair Day! - All items must be present for the fair for selling - major grade!
- March 16 - 24 SPRING BREAK
- March 25 - Ocean Adventure School Assembly
- March 29 - Mrs. Lilleboe's Class Field Trip to Westcave Preserve
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: This week our focus was on our new spelling list, comparing and contrasting between versions of the fairy tale "Cinderella", and we read the play "King Midas and The Golden Touch". Next week, we will practice our personal narrative writing with a "writing prompt". We'll also revise/edit this personal narrative too. Lastly, we will write back our Pen Pals in Britain (we got letters back from them!).
- Reading: We are in deep with Traditional Literature! We continue to read folktales finding story elements (characters, setting, plot, problem, solution), the theme (lesson/moral) of the story, and the main events in the story. Specifically we read some Tall Tales (Johnny Appleseed and Pecos Bill), Legends (Yonder Mountain, Why Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears), Fairy Tales (Cinderella), and Myths (A Story, A Story and King Midas Golden Touch). We'll wrap up Traditional Tales and get into Informational Text/Research (PBL Project) next week.
- Math: We wrapped up our Geometry unit and started our next unit (Multiplication and Division). Specifically we will focus on our 9's facts, 6's facts, 7's facts. We'll also use multiplication and division in more word or story type problems to ensure that our kids are understanding how to solve the problem.
- Science: We started our next unit...Weather. We collected weather data for 5 days on two Texas cities (Round Rock and El Paso). We also learned the various weather instruments (tools) that meteorologists use to track the weather. We'll continue with weather next week.
- Social Studies: We've started our Economics Unit lessons. Next week we'll focus on goods, services, supply, demand, scarcity, abundance, human capital, income, wage, education, and opportunity cost.
- Eslot: Kinder Buddies (Valentine's Activity)