Shout Outs For The Week:
- Thank you for bringing in items for our third grade Valentine's Day party.
- Ms. Lee's Birthday today - Valentine's Day!
- Ms. Lee and I want to thank everyone for the thoughtful gifts. :)
- New Splash Math Class Code for February: ZUJCDN
- NO School on Monday, February 17 and Tuesday, February 18.
- Leopard Leap Donation Drive Ice Cream Party (We got first prize): February 20
- Revise & Editing DCA (writing): February 20
- Science DCA (Force, Motion, Gravity and Magnetism): February 26
- Economics Fair Project Items (35 - 40 items) Due: March 10th
- Economics Fair: March 11th
- STAAR Testing: This year your child will be taking the Reading and Math STAAR tests (May 12th and 13th). Please, do not have your child "practice" the online STAAR tests at home. This puts additional stress and anxiety on your child. Let's remember, your child is 8 or 9 years old. This is the first year of STAAR tests. Your child already feels the stress and pressure to do well. The best things you can do at home to help prepare your child are:
- Math Practice: use Prodigy, Khan Academy, Splash Math (Splash Learn), Xtramath, and Mrs. Lilleboe's Math links on this website.
- Reading Practice: continue to have your child read every night (document in yellow folder on the reading log sheet) and use the Mrs. Lilleboe's Reading Links.
- Go over assignments that come home in Thursday folders. If your child misses a question, work together to get the answer correct. :)