- Economics Fair Information: The Economics Fair Information sheets went home yesterday in Thursday folders. There was a parent letter (blue) that explains the project requirements and expectations. The other form (yellow) is for you and your child to complete over the next 5 - 6 weeks as your child begins to work on his/her project. Still looking for ideas??? Check out pictures of my students from last year's Economics Fair for great ideas!! Just click on the link and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Have fun!! Click Here!!
- Valentine's Day Party Supplies and Volunteers - To make our Third Grade Valentine's Party awesome, we need your help! Please, consider donating supplies or your time for the party. Click on this Link to sign up! Thank you parents!!!
- Valentine Boxes and Valentine Cards - A pink flyer is going home in THIS Thursday's folder about decorating a Valentine Box and making Valentine cards for each classmate. The list of students in our class is on the BACK of the pink flyer. Please, bring these items to school on February 14th.
- Six Flag Reading Program - The form came home yesterday in Thursday folders. Please, read and follow the directions on the form. Students can turn this form in anytime before February 23rd.
- Scholastic Book Orders: - The February Scholastic Book Orders are due Wednesday, February 28th. Place your orders online - Your Class Activation Code NP79X. The link to order is HERE.
- February 7 or 8 - Spring School Picture Day - I will message you all as soon as I know!
- February 9 - Last day to turn in Economics Fair Project Sheet "Decide on a Product" Signature
- February 13 - Last day to turn in Economics Fair Project Sheet "Prototype, Why will buyers buy it, and Parent Signature"
- February 14 - Bring in Valentine Cards & Valentine's Day decorated box, Valentine's Day Party
- February 16 - Science DCA Weather
- February 19 & 20 - No School
- February 22 - Last day to turn in Box Tops!
- February 23 - Last day to turn in Six Flag Reading Log form
- March 1 - Third Grade Guest Speaker - Meteorologist from KVUE
- March 6 - The 3rd Grade Economics Fair - Bring in your 35 - 40 items and your Economics Fair Project Sheet completed!
- March 10 - 18 Spring Break (no school)
- March 23 - Lilleboe/Raney Field Trip to Westcave Preserve
***Congrats to Shlok for placing 5th in Music Memory at the UIL District Contest last weekend. He goes onto Regionals!
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: This week our focus was on grammar conventions (Contractions) and practicing our revising/editing skills. There will be a revising/editing skills DCA in a couple of weeks.
- Reading: We wrapped up our Biography Unit with a test this week on Tuesday. We still have a fe students that need to finish their Biography Book Club Google Presentations. The kids can show you want this looks like and work on it at home if they want to by logging into their Google school account. Information is in your child's blue folder. Our next unit we will start on Monday is Traditional Tales (folktales, fables, myths, legends).
- Math: We are continuing with our next unit, Geometry. We review 3D shapes (cone, prisms, pyramids, polyhedron) and learned some new vocabulary too (edges, vertices, faces). Kids can continue to brush up on their Geometry skills by using my "Math links". We will start our 2nd Multiplication Unit next week.
- Science: We wrapped up our Soils and Natural Resources Unit with a test on Tuesday. We will start our next unit, Weather next week!
- Social Studies: Next unit is Economics (financial literacy).
- Enrichment: Jazz Concert and New Coding Apps - Daisy the Dinosaur, Code-a-pillar, Lightbot