- Volunteer Form - This form must be complete by parents for approval before you can come to any of your child's school parties, help out with copying or teacher's projects, field trips, etc. So, please I highly recommend that all parents go ahead and complete this form as soon as possible. Volunteer Form
- Class Dojo - Yesterday the Class Dojo invite went home in Thursday Folders. Please, go ahead and download the FREE App to your smart phone. I have 8 parents yet to log in. Please do this as soon as possible. We will start this fun, interactive behavior communication program on this Monday, August 27th. I will also be using Class Dojo as my main form of communication this year (besides the Weekly Update). Thanks so much!
- Donors Choose - An email went out yesterday about our class's Donors Choose request. I want to thank Carsten and Khushi's parents for already donating to this project. Please, consider donating to further support your child's learning environment by donating online Click Here Or pass this link on to other friends, family or businesses you know that would love to help support our learning. Thanks!!
- Wobble Stools - Wobble stools are an alternative desk seating option for your child. Wobble stools help provide students with the ability to wiggle as they sit. They help some students to focus more on their work too. This is a parent purchased item. With that said, at the end of the year the wobble stool is yours. Your child can then use them in 4th and 5th grade. I would recommend the 18" stool. Here is a link of where to make this purchase if you are interested. Active Learning Stool - Amazon.com
- Headphones - I have a few kids that still need headphones!!! These can be purchased at Target, Walmart, HEB, etc. The headphones/earbuds will be left here at school.
- Our Library Day: Our class's library day and time will be on Wednesdays at 10:15am. These books are due back in 2 weeks. Please, be respectful of the books - no food or drinks, keep away from pets and younger siblings. Third graders are allowed to check out audiobooks (Play Aways). There is a form in the library that must be completed by the student's parents and returned.
- August 26 - Sophia's birthday
- August 28 - 3rd Grade Parent Open House @ 6:30pm - 7:30 (procedures, STAAR, homework, Class Dojo, PTA, curriculum unit, etc)
- We will start off in the cafeteria from 6:30 - 7:00pm. All third grade together.
- Then, from 7:00 - 7:30pm each teacher will have a short presentation and answer questions in their individual class rooms.
- September 3 - Labor Day NO School!
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: Growth Mindset 3D Brains!
- Reading: Completed PAWS Expectations, Good Reading Behaviors, Independent Reading Time
- Math: We are in our first unit of math (Understanding Charts and Graphs). We created another bar graph and pictograph as a class. Then, we learned what a frequency/tally chart is and how that data can be used to create a bar graph and pictograph.
- Science: Saving Fred Activity (team building), What is a Scientist?, Science Safety, Science Tools
- Social Studies: Classroom Expectations and Procedures by creating our Social Contract, learning more about what it means to be "kind" with a book called Each Kindness and a "How to Fill Your Bucket" class activity.