- Bluebonnet Book Program: Last day to complete any bluebonnet book quiz is January 25th.
Bluebonnet Book List 2017 - 2018 http://www.txla.org/new-tba-list-released
Mrs. Lilleboe's Bluebonnet Book Wish List http://a.co/j39aDD1
- Music Recorder Form - This "green" form came home in Thursday folders last week. Please, fill it out and return it with $5.00 (check or cash) by January 26th.
- Scholastic Book Orders Due Soon - The January Scholastic Book Orders are due January 30th. Place your orders online - Your Class Activation Code NP79X. The link to order is HERE.
- Six Flag Reading Program - The form came home yesterday in Thursday folders. Please, read and follow the directions on the form. Students can turn this form in anytime before February 23rd.
- January 25 - Last day to take any bluebonnet book quiz (end of program)
- January 26 - Family Science Night 6:00 - 7:30pm. Tons of hands on activities, presenters and food trucks!
- January 26 - Last day to turn in "green" Music Recorder form and money!
- January 30 - Science DCA Soils and Natural Resources
- January 30 - Scholastic Book Orders due
- January 31 - Practice STAAR Test
- February 1 - Practice STAAR Test
- February 14 - Bring in Valentine Cards & Valentine's Day decorated box, Valentine's Day Party
- February 19 & 20 - No School
- February 23 - Last day to turn in Six Flag Reading Log form
- March 1 - Third Grade Guest Speaker - Meteorologist from KVUE
- March 6 - The 3rd Grade Economics Fair
- March 10 - 18 Spring Break (no school)
- March 23 - Lilleboe/Raney Field Trip to Westcave Preserve
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: This week our focus was on our One Little Word Project and we also did a mini-lesson on Capitalization. Our One Little Word projects will be on display in front of our classroom next week.
- Reading: We are deep into our Biography unit. The kids have read chapters 4 - 6 this week in their Biography Book Club book and taken post it notes for each chapter. Some students have yet to complete these chapters and notes. Please ask your child if they brought home their biography book and reading journal for this activity to complete over the weekend. They will continue to read and respond to this book next week as we wrap up the unit with a fun activity using Google Presentation!!
- Math: We are continuing with our next unit, Geometry. We reviewed this Geometry vocabulary this week: polygon, congruent, similar, 2-dimensional shapes, diagonal, triangle, quadrilateral (squares, rectangles, rhombus, trapezoids, paralellograms), hexagon, pentagon. We also learned how to find the area of a square or rectangle using 3 different strategies (counting each square unit, skip counting each row of square units, and multiplying length and width). We will continue with area next week.
- Science: We are currently in our Soils and Natural Resouce Unit. We did 2 fun soil activities this week as we continue to learn about soil layers, soil particles (clay, silt and sand), and erosion/weathering. Our test is scheduled for January 30th.
- Social Studies: We did a short reading passage on Martin Luther King Jr with comprehension questions.
- Enrichment: Squishy Circuits