- One Little Word Project - Each one of our students has chosen One Little Word that they will use to "live by" for the 2018 year. This word means something powerful and inspiring to each student. Over the weekend, students should look through magazines and catalogs to find words and pictures that go along with the One Little Word they have chosen. Please, cut these words and pictures out and bring them into school in a ziploc bag by Wednesday. Students may also look online (with parent permission) to find pictures or images that also represents their One Little Word. Please, print these pictures or images and bring them into school as well. Thank you so much for helping us with this fun project!
- Six Flag Reading Program - The form came home yesterday in Thursday folders. Please, read and follow the directions on the form. Students can turn this form in anytime before February 23rd.
- Music Recorder Form - This "green" form came home yesterday in Thursday folders. Please, fill it out and return it with $5.00 (check or cash) by January 30th.
- Bluebonnet Book Program: Our class's goal for each student is to read 5 books! The Bluebonnet Program goes until mid-January so we have plenty of time to read, read, read. So let's get to it! Last day to complete any bluebonnet book quiz is January 25th.
Bluebonnet Book List 2017 - 2018 http://www.txla.org/new-tba-list-released
Mrs. Lilleboe's Bluebonnet Book Wish List http://a.co/j39aDD1
- January 15 - Martin Luther King Day - No School
- January 16 - Quadrilateral Quiz (What is a square, rhombus, parallelogram, rectangle, trapezoid)
- January 17 - Bring in words and pictures for the One Little Word project
- January 25 - Last day to take any bluebonnet book quiz (end of program)
- January 26 - Last day to turn in "green" Music Recorder form and money!
- January 29 - Science DCA Soils and Natural Resources
- January 30 - Scholastic Book Orders due
- January 31 - Practice STAAR Test
- February 1 - Practice STAAR Test
- February 14 - Bring in Valentine Cards & Valentine's Day decorated box, Valentine's Day Party
- February 19 & 20 - No School
- February 23 - Last day to turn in Six Flag Reading Log form
- March 6 - The 3rd Grade Economics Fair
- March 10 - 18 Spring Break (no school)
- March 23 - Lilleboe/Raney Field Trip to Westcave Preserve
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: This week our focus was on writing a friendly letter to our Kinder Buddies and starting our One Little Word project.
- Reading: We started our new Biography unit. We have already completed 2 graded assignments for this unit this week! We will continue with this unit for another week or so. Students have all chosen a biography book to read for the biography book club groups. We have read chapters 1 - 3 this week and taken post it notes for each chapter. Some students have yet to complete these chapters and notes. Please ask your child if they brought home their biography book and reading journal for this activity to complete over the weekend. They will continue to read and respond to this book for the next week.
- Math: We are continuing with our next unit, Geometry. We reviewed this Geometry vocabulary this week: polygon, congruent, similar, 2-dimensional shapes, diagonal, triangle, quadrilateral (squares, rectangles, rhombus, trapezoids, paralellograms), hexagon, pentagon. There will be a short Quadrilateral Quiz on Tuesday. Next week we will begin to learn about finding the area of a polygon.
- Science: We started our next unit, Soils and Resources this week. We observed nature on a Nature Walk, analyzed our own soil we brought in with a partner and completed a couple of assignments using STEMscopes and Pebble Go.
- Social Studies:
- Enrichment: Universal Screening testing (Mid-year testing)