Make sure to read the Third Grade Weekly Update. Click Here Third Grade Team Website
- Shout Outs For The Week:
- Thank you to Ava, Gia, Lilly, and Carell's parents for bringing in some supplies for our classroom. It is greatly appreciated. We could still use a few more boxes of Kleenex (tissues) due to the allergy and cold season. We have many kids with pollen allergies that use tissues all day long!
- New Splash Math Class Code for January: NHCDYS
- Our Student Teacher, Miss Ashley Lee will start in our classroom: January 14th. She will be with us until May 8th. During this time she will be an additional teacher in the classroom helping students in all capacities (leading lessons, working with students in small groups, individual student assessments, grading assignments, etc).
- July Birthdays: We do not have any January birthdays in our class, so we are celebrating "half" birthdays for our July babies - Darian, Vihaan and Sanjitha. They are welcome to bring in birthday treats if they wish to celebrate in class this month.
- No school for MLK Day: January 20th
- Science DCA Test: Soils and Natural Resources Unit - January 22nd
- Spelling Quiz and Homework Folder (yellow): January 24th
- Scholastic Book Orders for January: To order books from Scholastic, please order online using this link Scholastic Book Order. Our class code is: NP79X.
- STAAR Testing: This year your child will be taking the Reading and Math STAAR tests (May 12th and 13th). Please, do not have your child "practice" the online STAAR tests at home. This puts additional stress and anxiety on your child. Let's remember, your child is 8 or 9 years old. This is the first year of STAAR tests. Your child already feels the stress and pressure to do well. The best thing you can do at home to prepare is: For math; use Prodigy, Khan Academy, Splash Math and Mrs. Lilleboe's Math links. As for reading, continue to have your child read every night (document in yellow folder) and use the Mrs. Lilleboe's Reading Links.