- Wow! Thank You Parents! I am truly amazed by the number of gifts I received from all of you for the holiday season. Your generosity and kind words is truly heart warming. I can't thank you all enough. :)
- Awesome Day with Kinder Buddies: On Wednesday afternoon, we spent some time creating a fun, wintry picture with our Kinder Buddies. I love to watch my students work with younger students in our school. They are such amazing teachers, leaders and role models for our Kinder Buddies. Pictures below.
- Great Third Grade Winter Party: Thank you all so much for donating items and volunteering your time to our Winter Party. A special "Thank You" to our classroom mom, Indu (Krishna's mom) for helping to get the word out with emails to all our parents about the party and the Party Supply Sign Up.
- Bluebonnet Book Program: Our class's goal for each student is to read 5 books! The Bluebonnet Program goes until mid-January so we have plenty of time to read, read, read. So let's get to it! Last day to complete any bluebonnet book quiz is January 25th.
Bluebonnet Book List 2017 - 2018 http://www.txla.org/new-tba-list-released
Mrs. Lilleboe's Bluebonnet Book Wish List http://a.co/j39aDD1
- December 22 - No School Day for students (teacher work day)
- December 23 - January 8 Winter Break
- January 9 - Second Semester Begins - Students return to school.
- January 10 - Bring in a ziplock bag of soil for Science
- January 12 - Assembly (Reflections, UIL and other awards).
- January 15 - Martin Luther King Day - No School
- January 25 - Last day to take any bluebonnet book quiz (end of program)
- January 26 - Last day to turn in "green" Music Recorder form and money!
- January 30 - Scholastic Book Orders due
- February 23 - Last day to turn in Six Flag Reading Log form
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: This week our focus was on having some fun writing about the snow/winter season using a variety of "writing prompts" to start our stories.
- Reading: We continue to read and practice our comprehension strategies as we read. This week we used a "Padlet" to collect our reading responses this week. Our next unit when we return will be Biographies!
- Math: We took our Unit 4 and Unit 5 Math DCA (Fractions/Division test) on Monday. We also started our next unit, Geometry. We reviewed this Geometry vocabulary this week: polygon, congruent, similar, 2-dimensional shapes, diagonal, triangle, quadrilateral (squares, rectangles, trapezoids), hexagon, pentagon. We had fun with the "4 Triangle Challenge" today!
- Science: We reviewed and took our Unit 5 DCA test this week. When we return from winter break we will dive into our Soils Unit.
- Social Studies:
- Enrichment: Break Out Boxes and Kinder Buddies