- Third Grade Winter Party: Our room parents are busy planning for our 3rd Grade Winter Party that will take place next Wednesday, December 19th from 1:30-2:30 PM. Please take a look at the online sign up to volunteer or donate an item. Due to limited seating and space, the administration has asked that our party be only for students and parent volunteers, not for siblings or other parents. In the past we have invited parents to our grade level parties. This year we cannot facilitate the hundreds of extra people during parties and still maintain a safe environment. Please don't forget that all parent helpers must be pre-approved through the RRISD Volunteer Application process. Thank you in advance for making our party a success!
- Bluebonnet Book Program: Our class's goal for each student to read 5 books! The Bluebonnet Program only goes until mid-January. Time is running out!
- Home Access Center: Check your child's academic progress every week. Link to Home Access Center. If you still have trouble logging in please contact our school's front office.
- December 14 - Break Out Boxes during Eslot
- December 17 - Last day to bring in "Top Secret" envelope :)
- December 18 - Science DCA Test - Earth's Forces (Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Landslides
- December 18 - Math Unit 4 & Unit 5 DCA (Fractions and Division)
- December 19 - Last day to bring in supplies for Winter Party
- December 19 - Third Grade Winter Party at 1:30 - 2:30pm
- December 20 - January 7 Winter Break
- January 8 - 1st Day of 2nd Semester (students back to school)
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: This week our focus was on finishing up our Pen Pal letters and writing a How-To Essay (Procedural essay). We completed at How-To graphic organizer on How To Make A Pizza together as a class. Then, the kids got a chance to complete their own How-To graphic organizer on their choice of topic.
- Reading: We are deep into our Nonfiction Unit in Reading. We spent the week looking a procedural text and learning about biographies. We'll continue with biographies next week and in January.
- Math: We are in our division unit. This week we reviewed multiplication and division strategies and reviewed fractions as we prepare for our Unit 4 & Unit 5 DCA Test (next Tuesday).
- Science: Our unit is Earth's Forces - Earthquakes, Volcanoes and Landslides. This DCA test will be on December 18th. This week our focus was on volcanoes and landslides. We did a fun volcano experiment this week! Pictures below.
- Social Studies: We researched more on our PBL project using an article called "Sea of Plastic"
- Eslot: Break Out Boxes Activity