- Apex Fun Run: Is an exciting way for our school to raise money! Our Jingle Fun Run is on December 13th during our Specials Time (8:40 - 9:30am). Students can get pledges by sharing the Apex link myapexevent.com/ and using your child's Access Code. Friends and family can pledge a dollar amount per lap or a flat donation by clicking on "Enter Pledge" on the Apex page. Last day to pledge is December 12th. Thanks so much!!
- Third Grade Winter Party: Our room parents are busy planning for our 3rd Grade Winter Party that will take place on the last day, Wednesday, December 19th from 1:30-2:30 PM. Please take a look at the online sign up to volunteer or donate an item. Due to limited seating and space, the administration has asked that our party be only for students and parent volunteers, not for siblings or other parents. In the past we have invited parents to our grade level parties. This year we cannot facilitate the hundreds of extra people during parties and still maintain a safe environment. Please don't forget that all parent helpers must be pre-approved through the RRISD Volunteer Application process. Thank you in advance for making our party a success!
- Bluebonnet Book Program: Our class's goal for each student to read 5 books! The Bluebonnet Program goes until mid-January so we have plenty of time to read, read, read. So, let's get to it!
- Home Access Center: Check your child's academic progress every week. Link to Home Access Center. If you still have trouble logging in please contact our school's front office.
- December 12 - Last day to get pledges for Apex Jingle Fun Run
- December 13 - Apex Jingle Fun Run during Specials
- December 14 - Break Out Boxes during Eslot
- December 17 - Last day to bring in "Top Secret" envelope :)
- December 18 - Science DCA Test - Earth's Forces (Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Landslides
- December 18 - Math Unit 4 & Unit 5 DCA (Fractions and Division)
- December 19 - Last day to bring in supplies for Winter Party
- December 19 - Third Grade Winter Party at 1:30 - 2:30pm
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: This week our focus was on "contractions" in spelling and verb tenses. Then, we are typing our final draft Pen Pal letter to our new Pen Pals in England! We will be communicating through letters with another 3rd grade class in England. The kids are super excited to have a writing Pen Pal in another country.
- Reading: We are deep into our Nonfiction Unit in Reading. We spent the week learning a couple of new reading strategies - compare and contrast, and context clues.
- Math: We are in our division unit. This week we learned how to use equal groups and an array to show or model how to do a division problem. We also demonstrated how multiplication and division are in the same fact family. Next week, we'll continue with division and review fractions as we prepare for our Unit 4 & Unit 5 DCA Test.
- Science: Our unit is Earth's Forces - Earthquakes, Volcanoes and Landslides. This DCA test will be on December 18th. This week our focus was on earthquakes and landforms. Next week, we'll learn more about volcanoes and landslides.
- Social Studies: We learned how to read a map and we completed a packet on maps/globes!
- Kinder buddies: We did a fun snowman activity with our kinder buddies. These will be on display at our Winter Party.