- End of Semester Grades: ALL assignments and tests for the second nine week grading period must be turned in by next Wednesday, December 20th. Please, check Home Access with your child to make sure ALL assignments have been completed. An "M" means your child is Missing that assignment.
- Special Thank You! Thank you to Casey's mom for coming in and decorating our classroom door for the holiday season (picture below). Another thank you goes out Richard's dad for purchasing 2 more Bluebonnet books for our classroom (Best Man and Follow The Moon Home).
- Cocoa Grams: Went home this week for those that ordered them!
- Third Grade Winter Party: The party is scheduled for this Thursday, December 21 at 1:30pm. Our Classroom Mom, Mrs. Nair sent out an email last week about the party, the supplies and volunteers needed to make this party a success! The link to help out and sign up is HERE.
- Bluebonnet Book Program: Our class's goal for each student is to read 5 books! The Bluebonnet Program goes until mid-January so we have plenty of time to read, read, read. So let's get to it! Last day to complete any bluebonnet book quiz is January 25th.
Bluebonnet Book List 2017 - 2018 http://www.txla.org/new-tba-list-released
Mrs. Lilleboe's Bluebonnet Book Wish List http://a.co/j39aDD1
- December 18 - Math Unit DCA Test (Fractions and Multiplication/Division)
- December 19 - Science DCA Test (Landforms and Earth's Forces)
- December 20 - Kinder Buddies!!
- December 20 - Last day to turn in any assignment for 2nd nine week grading period
- December 21 - One last day to check out any books from our school library before Winter Break.
- December 21 - 3rd Grade Winter Party @ 1:30pm
- December 22 - No School Day for students (teacher work day)
- December 23 - January 8 Winter Break
- January 9 - Second Semester Begins - Students return to school.
- January 25 - Last day to take any bluebonnet book quiz (end of program)
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: We are still in our Expository writing and informational research unit. This week our focus was on finishing our final draft of our expository essays and learning how to use commas in our writing.
- Reading: Our current unit is Informational Text (nonfiction reading). We continued to read more nonfiction and develop our reading comprehension strategies (compare/contrast, cause/effect, looking for information using nonfiction text features). Lastly, we completed our first nonfiction reading passage with questions (similar format to STAAR) this week.
- Math: We are deep into our next unit: Division. We've learned a variety of ways to solve a division problem (equal groups, arrays, skip counting, repeated subtraction and number lines). A review packet has gone home today for your child to complete to help prepare for the upcoming test.
- Science: We are in our Landforms and Earth's Forces (Volcanos/Earthquakes/Landslides) unit. We had some fun doing a variety of experiments/activities this week (see pictures below). There are links for additional practice under the "Science Links" tab. The test (DCA) will be on December 19th.
- Social Studies: We learned more about the 13 colonies this week reading a book on True Flix "The Massachusetts Colony"
- Enrichment: We had our Technology Day (reward)!!