- Progress Report Cards: Progress report cards for the 2nd Nine Week Grading Period came out yesterday in Thursday folders. No need to sign and return. Check Home Access every week with your child to stay on top of his/her assignments.
- Bluebonnet Book Program: Our class's goal for each student to read 5 books! The Bluebonnet Program goes until mid-January so we have plenty of time to read, read, read. So, let's get to it!
- Home Access Center: Check your child's academic progress every week. Link to Home Access Center. If you still have trouble logging in please contact our school's front office.
- November 17 - 25 NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break
- November 29 - Science DCA Test - Forces, Gravity, Magnetism, Simple Machines
- November 29 - Math Quiz (fractions) - Not a DCA.
- November 30 - Scholastic Book Orders for November are due!
- December 5 - Hour of Code 1:15 - 2:15pm
- December 7 - Kinder Buddies during Eslot
- December 18 - Science DCA Test - Earth's Forces (Volcanos, Earthquakes, Landslides)
- December 19 - Third Grade Winter Party at 1:30 - 2:30pm
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: We are continuing to practice the structure of an Expository Writing Essay. We wrote an Expository Essay on the prompt "What are you thankful for?" These essays will be stapled up outside my classroom soon.
- Reading: We are deep into our Nonfiction Unit in Reading. We spent the week learning a couple of new reading strategies - the difference between Fact and Opinions, the author's purpose in writing the piece, and looking for the problem and solutions in nonfiction articles.
- Math: We are the unit....Fractions! We explored using a number line to represent fractions (think...a ruler) and comparing fractions. This quiz will be after Thanksgiving Break.
- Science: We are wrapping up our unit: Forces, Gravity, Magnetism and Simple Machines. The kids were in groups of 3-4 students this week as they built simple machines (incline plane, lever and pulley) and compound machines using the VEX Kits (similar to legos). We will take our test the Thursday after Thanksgiving break.
- Social Studies: We learned more about the first Thanksgiving and who were the pilgrims!