- Home Access Updated: Please, take a moment this weekend and check out your student's progress thus far in the 2nd nine weeks. As we push on this year, each nine weeks will become more challenging then the previous nine weeks. Please, continue the amazing work that I see being done in homework spirals and practice academic concepts at home by going to my Links and Strategies tab. Many resources right here at your child's fingertips! Home Access Link
- Giving Thanks to YOU! Thank you parents for the wonderful books purchased from our Class Book List at the Book Fair. A special thank you to: Dhruv, Ayushi, Kaeli, Cole and Lucas's parents for their book purchases. The kids and I really appreciate it.
- Bluebonnet Books and Wish Lists: Thank you parents for being so supportive of the Bluebonnet Program. We have quite a few bluebonnet books in our own classroom library!! Unfortunately, the Bluebonnet Books are not options on Scholastic. If you are interested in purchasing some bluebonnet books for our classroom. Please, visit my Bluebonnet Book Wish List on Amazon. "Mrs. Lilleboe's Bluebonnet Book Wish List". If you are able and wanting to contribute other resources to our learning, go to my other wish list on Amazon. "Mrs. Lilleboe's Wish List"
- Math Apps for your phone - many are FREE! Fun apps for your mobile device. Get some of these for your kids and watch their math skills grow! My favorites for my own kids are: Math Bumpies, PopMath, Mathmateer, ArithmeTick, Math Ninja, King of Math, 1-12 Facts Multiplication Baseball, Math Planet, Geometry, My Math App. These are great from the car (driving to sport practices and games)!
- Xtramath & Timed Quizzes- The Xtramath website link can be found under the "Math Links" tab and other great math fact websites!!
- December 2 - Early Release Day
- December 17 - 3rd Grade Winter Party @ 1:30 - 2:30pm
- December 18 - January 4th Winter Holiday Break (no school)
A BIG Thank You to parents who have placed Scholastic Book Orders - our classroom library is growing! Scholastic book orders can be placed anytime. Just click on the link! Class code: NP79X
In Math, we are deep into our "Connecting Division to Multiplication" unit. The kids have learned 4 division strategies (very similar to the multiplication strategies since they are fact families). I would highly encourage your child to practice his/her multiplication and division at home by using the resources on this website under "Math Links" tab or any other workbook resource (many can be found on Amazon for easy online purchasing). This extra practice to help your child feel more confident about these concepts being learned in class. We move at a much faster pace than second grade, so many times the kids need to practice at home too. We will have a test on Wednesday, December 2nd over the unit. Kids can practice multiplication and division concepts on ixl.com (under math links tab).
In Writing and Reading, we are into our next unit which is Expository reading and writing (nonfiction). The kids will learn about text features, reading to understand information in nonfiction text and researching a topic of interest.
In Science, we will continue to learn more about our natural resources (renewable and nonrenewable). We will have a test on Tuesday. Students can review these concepts by going to Brain Pop and login using: elsaengland and password: leopards. There are games and activities too!