- Third Grade T-Shirts: Our third grade t-shirt can be purchased here: England PTA Leopard Store Once on the site, scroll to the bottom of the screen to see the Youth Spirit Shirts. Shirts are only $10 and are available in gray or pink. Our field trip is very soon...November 13th, so please purchase your child's shirt as soon as possible. Thank you!
- Progress Report Cards: Progress report cards for the 2nd Nine Week Grading Period will be coming out in Thursday folders November 15th. Please, make sure all work is turned in by November 9th for this progress report card. Check Home Access every week with your child!!
- Thank You: Thank you to Khushi's parents for getting us another box of glue sticks. Greatly appreciated.
- Bluebonnet Book Program: Our class's goal for each student to read 5 books! The Bluebonnet Program goes until mid-January so we have plenty of time to read, read, read. So, let's get to it
- Home Access Center: Check your child's academic progress every week. Link to Home Access Center. If you still have trouble logging in please contact our school's front office.
- November 2 - Author Visit
- November 8 - TAG Information Meeting @ 5:30pm in cafeteria
- November 13 - 3rd Field Trip to RRISD Raymond Hartfield Performing Arts Center (no chaperones)
- November 15 - Progress Report Cards coming home for 2nd Nine Week Grading Period.
- November 17 - 25 NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break
- November 28 - Science DCA Test - Forces, Gravity, Magnetism, Simple Machines
- November 30 - Scholastic Book Orders for November are due!
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: We spent a day on "Verbs" and then we discussed the difference between Expository Writing and Personal Narrative Writing. We'll continue with Expository Writing next week.
- Reading: We started on our next unit of Nonfiction. We'll learn the various nonfiction text features, how to find the main idea, write a summary, use context clues to understand new vocabulary and so much more! We also had our Author Visit today!! Ask your child about it. :)
- Math: We wrapped up our Multiplication unit with a test yesterday. Test scores are in Home Access. Next unit....Fractions!
- Science: We cooked our Smores finally in our Solar Ovens. Here's a link on how to make your own Solar Oven at home. We started our next unit: Forces, Gravity, Magnetism and Simple Machines. Much of this unit is doing various hands-on experiments. It is critical that your child be here for Science time (1:45 - 2:45pm) each day. Thank you. The test for this unit will be after Thanksgiving break.
- Social Studies: We read Common Ground and began our PBL project on Conservation. We did a response to Common Ground on Padlet using the iPads today. See Below...