- Box Top Class: We have been crowned the Top Box Top Class for 3rd Grade!! Whoo Hoo! Our class earned a popsicle party. We enjoyed these awesome popsicles today during recess.
- PTA Direct Donation Drive: Our poster on the wall shows only ONE soccer ball for Mrs. Lilleboe's class. Please consider making a monetary donation to our amazing Elsa England PTA so that we can get some soccer balls on our class poster. All 100% of your money goes right back into Elsa England, its wonderful academic programs and awesome technology for our school. Without this money our kids will not get academic activities and technology like Math Superstars, Author Visits, New IPads, etc. Click HERE to make that donation today!
- Home Access Center: Check weekly to stay up to date on your child's academic progress. Link to Home Access Center.
- Bluebonnet Book Program: Our class's goal for each student to read 5 books! The Bluebonnet Program goes until mid-January so we have plenty of time to read, read, read. So, let's get to it!
Bluebonnet Book List 2017 - 2018 http://www.txla.org/new-tba-list-released
Mrs. Lilleboe's Bluebonnet Book Wish List http://a.co/j39aDD1
- November 6 - Author Visit (Elizabeth Eulberg) of The Great Shelby Holmes and Math DCA Test - Multiplication (5's, 10's, 2's, 4's and 8's) - word problems (1 step and 2 step problems).
- November 9 - TAG Parent Referral Meeting in Cafeteria (5:30 - 6:30pm)
- November 10 - Spelling Test (students should be studying at home), Veteran's Day assembly and Nonfiction Text Feature Quiz
- November 14 - Third Grade Field Trip (please dress nicely) & Book Fair
- November 15 - Holiday Lunch, Book Fair, International Children's Festival Night (5:30pm - 8:00pm)
- November 17 - Science DCA Test (Forces and Magnetism)
- November 18 - 26th is Thanksgiving Break
- Writing: We are wrapping up our poetry unit with some fun Halloween poems and Family poems. A display of our Halloween poems will be up outside our classroom by next week.
- Reading: Poetry - We continued to read poetry with partners this week. We specifically read and analyzed a Halloween poem (Halloween Shenanigans), Narrative poems (Old Truck and Buying a Puppy). Our next unit is Nonfiction Reading (Informational Text).
- Math: Our unit is Multiplication! The focus in this unit is to learn how to multiply by 10's and doubles (2's, 4's, 5's, and 8's) using a variety of strategies - arrays, equal groups, number line, repeated addition, skip counting, and area models. We specifically focused on 4's (Double Double) and 8's (Double Double Double) facts this week. Our test is on Monday. The next math unit is Fractions.
- Science: We started our new unit on Forces and Magnetism. We are using Project Lead the Way activities for most of this unit which provide the kids with many hands-on activities working with a partner or in a small group. Our test will be on November 17.
- Social Studies: Next week we'll work on Citizenship and Government.
- Enrichment: We started our new Enrichment groups today!