- Third Grade T-Shirts: Our third grade t-shirt can be purchased here: England PTA Leopard Store Once on the site, scroll to the bottom of the screen to see the Youth Spirit Shirts. Shirts are only $10 and are available in gray or pink. Our field trip is very soon...November 13th, so please purchase your child's shirt as soon as possible. Thank you!
- Field Trip Forms: The 2 yellow forms that were in your child's Thursday folder last week need to be completed and returned back to school by November 2nd. There will be no chaperones (parents) on this field trip due to limited space in the Performing Art Center. I am missing field trip forms from: Nikita, Brant, Kingston and Deekshita.
- Report Cards: Please, sign and return one of your child's report cards in the envelope. The report card was in your child's Thursday folder. Thank you!
- Reflections Contest: Is your child is talented in drawing, dance, photography, literature, film or music?? Then, encourage your child to participate this year in the RRISD Reflections Contest. Starts September 19th and the deadline is November 2nd. For more information Click Here.
- Bluebonnet Book Program: Our class's goal for each student to read 5 books! The Bluebonnet Program goes until mid-January so we have plenty of time to read, read, read. So, let's get to it
- Home Access Center: Check your child's academic progress every week. Link to Home Access Center. If you still have trouble logging in please contact our school's front office.
- October 30 - 3rd Grade Music Program @ 6:30pm
- October 30 - Last day to turn in October Scholastic Book Orders online
- November 1 - Math DCA Test - Multiplication
- November 2 - 3rd grade field trip forms due (both yellow sheets turn into teacher)
- November 2 - Reflection Contest Ends (see PTA website for details)
- November 8 - TAG Information Meeting @ 5:30pm in cafeteria
- November 13 - 3rd Field Trip to RRISD Raymond Hartfield Performing Arts Center (no chaperones)
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: We spent the week working our China Google Drawings with a partner. These look great! A few kids took this research to heart and also created a Google Presentation too (see below picture). Next, we'll begin our PBL project on Conservation and Expository Writing.
- Reading: We started on our next unit of Nonfiction. We'll learn the various nonfiction text features, how to find the main idea, write a summary, use context clues to understand new vocabulary and so much more!
- Math: We learning how to solve multiplication problems using a variety of strategies: Equal Groups, Arrays, Number line, Repeated Addition, Strip Diagrams, Skip Counting, Doubling numbers, and the Multiplication Sentence (equation). Our unit test (DCA) will be on Thursday.
- Science: We wrapped up the Energy Unit this week with our unit DCA test. We'll start our next unit: Forces, Gravity, Magnetism and Simple Machines. Much of this unit is doing various experiments.
- Social Studies: What is a citizen? What does it mean to be a GOOD citizen?