- Report Cards: These were sent home in Thursday folders. Please, make sure your child brings his/her Thursday folder & a signed report card in the envelope comes back to school.
- International Children's Week: Our class's country is the United States of America. We will be researching and learning more about our wonderful country in the next couple of weeks. International Children's Night is on November 19th. The World Tour the kids go on here at the school will take place on Friday, November 20th.
- Missing Bluebonnet Books: Still missing a couple of bluebonnet books from our classroom library. I sent out an email to the staff too. Check around your house for them. The kids love reading these books!
- Math Apps for your phone! Fun apps for your mobile device. Get some of these for your kids and watch their math skills grow! My favorites for my own kids are: Math Bumpies, PopMath, Mathmateer, ArithmeTick, Math Ninja, King of Math, 1-12 Facts Multiplication Baseball, Math Planet, Geometry, My Math App.
- Bluebonnet Books: Thank you parents for being so supportive of the Bluebonnet Program. We have quite a few bluebonnet books in our own classroom library!! Unfortunately, the Bluebonnet Books are not options on Scholastic. If you are interested in purchasing some bluebonnet books for our classroom. Please, visit my Bluebonnet Book Wish List on Amazon. "Mrs. Lilleboe's Bluebonnet Book Wish List"
- Xtramath & Timed Quizzes- The Xtramath website link can be found under the "Math Links" tab.
- November 11 - Veteran's Day Assembly @ 7:45am
- November 12 - Author Visit (Sky Jumpers)
- November 16 - Assembly to Kick off International Children's Week
- November 16 - 20 International Children's Week and Book Fair
Monday: stripes or polka dots
Tuesday: sparkle and glitter
Wednesday: school shirts
Thursday: dress or tie
Friday: traditional wear
- November 19 - International Children's Night at 6:00pm
- November 22 - 27 Thanksgiving Break (no school)
A BIG Thank You to parents who have placed Scholastic Book Orders - our classroom library is growing! Scholastic book orders can be placed anytime. Just click on the link! Class code: NP79X
In Math, we are knee deep into Elapsed Time and Perimeter. Our test will be on Tuesday. I encourage your child to practice these 2 skills using games and activities here on my website. Simply click on the "Math Links" tab. There are time games, elapsed time games, perimeter games and ixl.com.
In Writing and Reading, we are wrapping up our Poetry unit. We took a poetry test today and will continue to read and write poetry for the next couple of days. Our next unit is Expository reading and writing (nonfiction). The kids will learn about text features, reading to understand information in nonfiction text and researching a topic of interest.
In Science, we wrapped up our Changing Matter and Mixtures unit last Wednesday. These last couple of days we've focused on Social Studies, specifically our country's government. We will begin our unit on Natural Resources next week.