- 1st Nine Week Grades: Report cards should be going home next week in Thursday folders. Please, make sure your child brings his/her Thursday folder back to school. To preview grades click the link. Home Access Center.
- Missing Bluebonnet Books: Still missing a couple of bluebonnet books from our classroom library. I sent out an email to the staff too. Check around your house for them. The kids love reading these books!
- Scholastic Book Orders Place your Scholastic Book Orders for October TODAY! Last day! Place your order online by going to this link:Scholastic Book Orders Our class code is: NP79X
- Math Apps for your phone! Fun apps for your mobile device. Get some of these for your kids and watch their math skills grow! My favorites for my own kids are: Math Bumpies, PopMath, Mathmateer, ArithmeTick, Math Ninja, King of Math, 1-12 Facts Multiplication Baseball, Math Planet, Geometry, My Math App.
- Bluebonnet Books: Thank you parents for being so supportive of the Bluebonnet Program. We have quite a few bluebonnet books in our own classroom library!! Unfortunately, the Bluebonnet Books are not options on Scholastic. If you are interested in purchasing some bluebonnet books for our classroom. Please, visit my Bluebonnet Book Wish List on Amazon. "Mrs. Lilleboe's Bluebonnet Book Wish List"
- Xtramath & Timed Quizzes- Congratulations to Nithila! She completed the Subtraction section in Xtramath!!! The Xtramath website link can be found under the "Math Links" tab.
- October 30 TONIGHT - Movie/Costume Night at the school @ 6:00pm - The movie is "Home"
- November 2 - 6th Reflections entries due (info can be found on PTA website)
- November 4 - Picture Day!
- November 5 - TAG Testing Information Night @ 6:00pm in the cafeteria
- November 11 - Veteran's Day Assembly @ 7:45am
- November 12 - Author Visit (Skyjumpers)
- November 16 - 20 International Children's Week and Book Fair
Thank you Rashmi's parents for the glue sticks, dry erase markers and erasers!!
In Math, we are knee deep into Time and Elapsed Time using a number line. Games are posted under the "math tab" for practice. The kids didn't do as well on a worksheet today as I thought they would've. So some practice on time would be beneficial. Use the games and ixl.com to practice. We will start perimeter on Tuesday. The test for this unit (Time and Perimeter) will be the following week.
In Writing and Reading, we've started our Poetry unit. The kids have learned free verse and narrative poetry.
We will continue with this unit for the next week and half.
In Science, we are wrapping up our Changing Matter and Mixtures unit. The test will be sometime this upcoming week.