- PTA Direct Donation Drive: Our poster on the wall shows only ONE soccer ball for Mrs. Lilleboe's class. Please consider making a monetary donation to our amazing Elsa England PTA so that we can get some soccer balls on our class's poster. All 100% of your money goes right back into Elsa England and so many of its wonderful academic programs and technology for our school. Without this money our kids will not get academic activities and technology like Math Superstars, Author Visits, New IPads, etc. Click HERE to make that donation today!
- Glue Sticks Needed: Thank you to Ethan, Vivian, Sarah, Shiza and Audrey's parents for buying more glue sticks for our classroom. :)
- Home Access Center: Check weekly to stay up to date on your child's academic progress. Link to Home Access Center.
- Bluebonnet Book Program: Our class's goal for each student to read 5 books! The Bluebonnet Program goes until mid-January so we have plenty of time to read, read, read. So, let's get to it!
Bluebonnet Book List 2017 - 2018 http://www.txla.org/new-tba-list-released
Mrs. Lilleboe's Bluebonnet Book Wish List http://a.co/j39aDD1
- October 31 - Scholastic Book Orders for October are due! Order online HERE. Code NP79X
- Thank you Dylan, Sarah, Yashvi's parents for already placing an October book order!
- November 2 - Reading DCA Test - Poetry and Fiction
- November 3 - Start of 2nd round of Enrichment groups
- November 6 - Author Visit (Elizabeth Eulberg) of The Great Shelby Holmes and Math DCA Test - Multiplication (5's, 10's, 2's, 4's and 8's) - word problems (1 step and 2 step problems).
- November 10 - Spelling Test (students should be studying at home)
- November 14 - Third Grade Field Trip (please dress nicely)
- Writing: Poetry Unit - We continued to work on our Five Senses Poem (trying to use metaphors and similes) and worked on some Conventions/Grammar (specifically pronouns and adjectives).
- Reading: Poetry - we continued to read poetry with partners this week. We specifically read and analyzed Lyrical Poems (poems with rhythm, beat, rhyming pattern and feeling/emotion) and Sensory Poems (Narrative poems using our 5 senses).
- Math: Our unit is Multiplication! The focus in this unit is to learn how to multiply by 10's and doubles (2's, 4's, 5's, and 8's) using a variety of strategies - arrays, equal groups, number line, repeated addition, skip counting, and area models.
- Science: We wrapped up our unit on Energy with a fun solar oven "Smores" experiment. Next week we will be begin our unit on Forces, Motion and Gravity. We will be using the Project Lead the Way activities for most of this unit.
- Social Studies: Next week we'll work on Citizenship and Government.
- Enrichment: We met with our Kinder Buddies! We completed a fun little book with our Kinder Buddies.