Important dates and for this week:
- Friday (TODAY) - Family Fun Night @ 5:00pm - 6:30pm Food trucks, fun activities, school t-shirts available for purchase, Kona Ice
- August 21st - No school
- August 22nd - First Day of School
- August 23rd - Bring in items for decorating Writing Notebook
- August 24th - Bring in Me Museum Activity items in paper bag (provided)
Important Information & Things To Do This Week:
- Forms: Please return school forms as soon as possible.
- Survey: Complete the Student Family Information Survey. Please Click Here. I need these parents to complete the survey: Yashvi, Shlok, Aditri, Effie, Veda, Lyra
- Transportation: Please email me your child's bus #. This is very important so that I can make sure they get on the correct bus. transportation.roundrockisd.org Click "Route Locator" at the top right side of the page.
- Lunch: Make sure your child has money in his/her lunch account if your child plans to buy school lunches. Link to My School Bucks is on my website (Welcome Page).
- Website: Parents and 3rd grader should take time to explore my website and get familiar with it.
- Snack & Water Bottle: Bring a healthy snack and "labeled" water bottle to school EVERYDAY!
- Me Museum Activity - Students will create a “Me Museum” which will showcase their interests and favorite things. Your child will receive a bag on the first day of school to fill with 4-5 items, (directions will be on the bag). I would also like them to bring a favorite book as part of their museum, (this doesn’t have to be in the bag). It can be any book your child loves. Students will create a display showcasing of all their items for others to learn about them. What a wonderful way to start the year and help us get to know each other! Items and the bag should be returned to school on Thursday.
- Writing Notebook Activity - At the end of the week students will be decorating their writing notebook with photos & stickers that will inspire them as a writer. Please send in materials by Wednesday for your child’s notebook so that they can personalize it. Since the notebooks should be inspiring, I would love for students to have at least a few photos. Possible materials for notebooks: stickers, photos (family, friends, memorable moments, etc.), clip art or images printed from computer, magazine pictures, scrapbook paper/decorations. Once our notebooks are decorated they will be covered with packing tape, so please nothing 3D, (slightly puffy stickers are ok).