- Field Trip Day: Our Field Trip Day is on Monday, March 25 (the first day back from Spring Break). Please, have your child wear his/her Elsa England t-shirt (grey or pink), comfortable shoes for walking, sack lunch, water bottle, snack, hat (if its sunny). Sunscreen must be applied to your child before he/she comes to school in the morning. The only two students purchasing lunch from the cafeteria are: Ethan M and Bennett. Everyone else should be bringing a sack lunch from home. We will be leaving for the Westcave Preserve on a school bus at approximately 9:00am. We should return back to the school around 1:30pm (depending on traffic). Mrs. Weaver (Connor's mom) is our chaperone for this field trip.
- Report Cards: Please, return your child's report card envelope and one "signed" report card. Thank you!
- Home Access Center: Check your child's academic progress every week. Link to Home Access Center. If you still have trouble logging in please contact our school's front office.
- STAAR Assessments May 13 and May 14: They are just around the corner. Want to help prepare your child at home? Suggestions for math: khan academy (students have a login already or set one up for FREE) and my "Math Links" tab are excellent online resources your child has access to. You can also create your own subscription to ixl.com and create an account for your child. It's a great math resource! Suggestions for reading: reading comprehension passages with questions and other reading comprehension skills. Check out the "Reading Links" tab for tons of great online resources.
- March 16 - 24 SPRING BREAK
- March 25 - Ocean Adventure School Assembly at 7:45am
- March 25 - Mrs. Lilleboe's Class Field Trip to Westcave Preserve at 9:00am
- March 29 - Fraction Quiz (not a DCA test)
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: This week our focus was on working on our PBL research project. Each student has chose a specific region or area to learn more about. Our driving question we are all focusing on for our PBL project is "How can we educate others to reduce trash/pollution, prevent further habitat loss, and conserve our natural resources?" Ask your child which region or area they have chosen!
- Reading: We are deep into our Informational/Nonfiction Reading Unit. We are using a number of PBL resources for this unit. Materials may be articles from magazines, books, online sources, and videos. We started taking "notefacts" from these materials this week on our specific region or area this week.
- Math: Our current unit is Fractions (comparing fractions and equivalent fractions). Additional practice can be found under "Math Links", Khan Academy or Prodigy.
- Science: We wrapped up our Space Unit yesterday with our unit test. Scores are in Home Access.
- Social Studies: We wrapped up our economics unit with the Economics Fair on Tuesday and a reflection sheet.
- Eslot: Hour of Code