- Thank you parents! Wow! Thank you all for the very thoughtful, wonderful gifts this holiday season. I love all the sweet treats, gift cards, books, salt scrub with essential oils, etc. I am very grateful to you all. I have an amazing support group of parents. I hope you all have a enjoyable, relaxing winter break.
- Bluebonnet Book Program: Time is running out! Last day to take a Bluebonnet Book Quiz is on Friday, January 25th.
- Home Access Center: Check your child's academic progress every week. Link to Home Access Center. If you still have trouble logging in please contact our school's front office.
- December 19 - Third Grade Winter Party at 1:30 - 2:30pm
- December 20 - January 7 Winter Break (no school)
- January 8 - First Day of 2nd Semester (students back to school)
- January 10 - Bring in soil and magazine clippings.
- January 18 - Reading DCA - Nonfiction
- January 21 - No School (Martin Luther King Jr Day)
- January 25 - Last day to take a Bluebonnet Book Quiz.
- January 31 - Last day to place a January Scholastic Book Order
- February 22 - Career Fair Day
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: This week our focus was on finishing up any writing work and completing a few fun wintry writing prompts in our notebooks.
- Reading: We are deep into our Nonfiction Unit in Reading. We read a couple of biographies. Rosa Parks and Michael Jordan as a class. Then, the kids chose a biography to read and then completed a Head, Heart and Feet activity about that person.
- Math: We continued to review for our test this week using whiteboards and task cards as a class. Then, kids got a chance to start on another review packet with a partner before taking it home to do for additional practice. The test has been graded and is in Home Access.
- Science: We wrapped up our unit on Earth's forces with a fun Magic School Bus Activity on volcanoes. Then, we did a Kahoot review before the test. Scores are posted in Home Access.
- Social Studies: Finished up a Biography Time Line activity.
- Eslot: 3rd Grade Winter Party