- Last Day for Scholastic Book Orders: If you wanted to get your child or any other family member a book or two for winter break or as a present, you need to place your online order TODAY! Order Here.
- Leaving before December 19th: Are you planning on starting winter break early?? We do have assignments and tests all the way up to December 19th. Students will need to complete assignments or take tests (DCAs) before leaving on vacation, otherwise a "missing" score will be put into Home Access. Please, notify Mrs. Lilleboe in advance. Thank you!!
- Apex Fun Run: Is an exciting way for our school to raise money! We will have an assembly next week to kick-off this fundraiser next week. Be looking for more information to be coming home soon!!!
- Bluebonnet Book Program: Our class's goal for each student to read 5 books! The Bluebonnet Program goes until mid-January so we have plenty of time to read, read, read. So, let's get to it!
- Home Access Center: Check your child's academic progress every week. Link to Home Access Center. If you still have trouble logging in please contact our school's front office.
- November 30 (TODAY) - Scholastic Book Orders for November/December are due!
- December 4 - Apex Fun Run Assembly at 2:00pm
- December 5 - Hour of Code 1:15 - 2:15pm
- December 7 - Kinder Buddies during Eslot
- December 14 - Break Out Boxes during Eslot
- December 18 - Science DCA Test - Earth's Forces (Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Landslides)
- December 19 - Math Unit 4 & Unit 5 DCA (Fractions and Division)
- December 19 - Third Grade Winter Party at 1:30 - 2:30pm
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: This week our focus was on "contractions" in spelling. We will have our spelling quiz next Friday. Then, we starting our Pen Pal letters to our new Pen Pals in England! We will be communicating through letters with another 3rd grade class in England. The kids are super excited to have a writing Pen Pal in another country.
- Reading: We are deep into our Nonfiction Unit in Reading. We spent the week learning a couple of new reading strategies - cause and effect using the book, A River Ran Wild. We also wrote our first cause and effect summary too. Lastly, we did some reading on our PBL project using Newsela.
- Math: We wrapped up our unit on fractions this week with a quiz. We will have a combined unit test before winter break on December 19th over fractions and division. Therefore, our next unit is division!
- Science: We are wrapping up our unit: Forces, Gravity, Magnetism and Simple Machines. We took our DCA test yesterday. Test scores are already in Home Access. Our next unit is Earth's Forces - Earthquakes, Volcanoes and Landslides. This DCA test will be on December 18th.
- Social Studies: We learned more about the first Thanksgiving and who were the pilgrims!