- Fall Conferences: Schedule your one-on-one conference by going to this link Fall Conferences Please, email me or message me via Class Dojo with time slot you would like. I will add your name for you. If you are unable to come on Monday, October 8, email me days and times that work for you in October. I will get back to you with which one works for me. Thanks!
- Scholastic Book Orders: It is vital that your child read everyday for 20 - 30 minutes. Ideally, it would be best if you read with your child so that they can practice their fluency, articulation and comprehension skills. Reading STAAR is this year, so keep your child reading!!! Orders are due by September 28th. Place your orders online - Your Class Activation Code NP79X). The link to order is HERE. Last day to order for this month is September 28th. Thank you for all your amazing support!
- Bluebonnet Book Program: Our class's goal for each student to read 5 books! The Bluebonnet Program goes until mid-January so we have plenty of time to read, read, read. So, let's get to it!
Bluebonnet Book List 2018 - 2019 texasbluebonnetaward2019.wordpress.com
Mrs. Lilleboe's Bluebonnet Book Wish List http://a.co/j39aDD1
- Math Superstars: This is an excellent source for keeping up with those math skills. Awards and prizes are given out to those students that complete the worksheet each week and turn it in. This will begin October 1st. Math Superstars link is on the Welcome Page.
- Home Access Center: I've started posting grades into Home Access. Please, check weekly to stay up to date on your child's academic progress. Link to Home Access Center.
- Wobble Stools - Wobble stools are an alternative desk seating option for your child. Wobble stools help provide students with the ability to wiggle as they sit. They help some students to focus more on their work too. This is a parent purchased item. With that said, at the end of the year the wobble stool is yours. Your child can then use them in 4th and 5th grade. I would recommend the 18" stool. Here are a couple of websites of where to make this purchase if you are interested. Really Good Stuff - Wobble Stool and Active Learning Stool - Amazon.com
- Sept. 3 - NO SCHOOL
- Sept. 12 - Science DCA Test: Unit 1 - Classifying Matter (online games and activities for review are in the Science Links tab on this website)
- Sept. 19 - Baskin & Robbins Ice Cream Spirit Night @ 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Sept. 28 - Scholastic Book Orders due - order online using our code NP79X
- October 8 - No School for students - Parent/Teacher Conferences (scheduled times)
- October 9 - No School for students
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: Personal Narrative Unit. Continued to explore Watermelon and Seed ideas. We also looked at our first Mentor Sentence. We examined all the components (nouns, pronouns, verbs, punctuation, capitals, and conjunctions).
- Reading: We have been reading from our book boxes as we learn the STOP & JOT strategy. The kids have been reading and stopping after each page to think about what they just read. Do they have any thoughts? Questions? Predictions? Confusion? Enjoyable moment in the book? Surprising moment? We are also learning about reading stamina...to become stronger and longer readers.
- Math: We are still in our Charts and Graphs unit. We've learned how to read and create our own pictographs, bar graphs, tally/frequency charts, and dot plot graphs. We'll continue this next week as we continue to read and answer questions about graphs. Students can practice reading and creating graphs by going to the "Math Links" tab.
- Science: Matter Unit - States of matter and their physical properties. Completed Matter Stations and used STEMscopes (our online science program). Test will be on September 12th. Students can practice and learn more about matter by going to the "Science Links" tab.
- Social Studies: Started Class Dojo and continued to reinforce our Social Contract and PAWS Expectations. Our Social Contract is our way of building a strong community in our classroom.