- Great Field Trip: We had a wonderful field trip on Monday. Great weather and learned a ton about the Westcave Preserve. Look for pictures below.
- Progress Report Cards: Progress report grades are due next Friday, therefore your child's progress report card will be coming home on April 11th.
- Home Access Center: Check your child's academic progress every week. Link to Home Access Center. If you still have trouble logging in please contact our school's front office.
- STAAR Assessments May 13 and May 14: They are just around the corner. Want to help prepare your child at home? Suggestions for math: khan academy (students have a login already or set one up for FREE) and my "Math Links" tab are excellent online resources your child has access to. You can also create your own subscription to ixl.com and create an account for your child. It's a great math resource! Suggestions for reading: reading comprehension passages with questions and other reading comprehension skills. Check out the "Reading Links" tab for tons of great online resources.
- April 12 - Run Wild for Wildlife - turn in donations and run during Specials
- April 17 - tentative Science Unit 9 DCA (Environments, Ecosystems and Food Chains)
- April 18 - tentative Math Unit 8 & 9 DCA (Fractions, Perimeter, Capacity, Measurement, Elapsed Time)
- April 19 - No School
- April 30 - Last day to place an online order for April Scholastic books!
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: This week our focus was on grammar/conventions in writing. We learned more about "pronouns" and "subject - verb agreement".
- Reading: We are deep into our Informational/Nonfiction Reading Unit. We are using a number of PBL resources for this unit. Materials may be articles from magazines, books, online sources, and videos. We started taking "notefacts" from these materials this week on our specific region or area this week.
- Math: Our current unit is Fractions (comparing fractions and equivalent fractions) and Perimeter/Measurement/Capacity. We started on Perimeter this week. Additional practice can be found under "Math Links", Khan Academy or Prodigy.
- Science: Started our next unit, Environments, Ecosystems and Food Chains. We've learned a ton of new vocabulary (which is all in our Science notebooks),
- Social Studies:
- Eslot: PBL Poem