- Scholastic Book Orders: Last day to place March online book orders! Please, this evening by 7:00pm. Thank you!
- Home Access Updated: Please, check this regularly to stay on top of your kiddos performance in class. I will forewarn you that second semester can be more challenging as we prepare these kiddos for STAAR and 4th grade. Expectations on graded work will increase. Home Access Link
- STAAR tests (early-May): They are just around the corner. Want to help prepare your child at home? Suggestions for math: Xtramath, timed quizzes, ixl.com, and Think Through Math are excellent online resources your child has access to. The links to these sites can be found under the "Math Links" tab. Suggestions for reading: reading comprehension passages with questions. Check out the "Reading Links" tab for tons of great online resources.
- March 31 - Last day for March Scholastic Book Orders
- April 5 - Early Release Day (lunch in the classroom and pick up at 12:00pm)
- April 13 - 3rd Grade Assembly at 7:40am in the cafeteria.
What's Been Happening In Class?
- Writing: Conventions in Writing (Subject/Predicate, Affixes - Prefixes/Suffix)
- Reading: Working on PBL Powtoons, Reading Strategies - Sequencing and Retelling
- Math: Deepening our understanding of multiplication and division with larger numbers. Doubling/Halving strategy using arrays. Using the Associative Property to multiply a 2-digit number.
- Science: Environments (ecosystems) and Food Chains Unit
- Social Studies: Inventors and Inventions