Shout Outs For The Week:
- New Splash Math Class Code for February: ZUJCDN
- International Children's Assembly: February 24 (9:05am - 9:35am)
- Spirit Night at Chick-fil-a: February 24 (5:00pm - 8:00pm)
- Science DCA (Force, Motion, Gravity and Magnetism): February 26
- Kinder Buddies Activity: February 28
- International Children's Festival: February 28 (6:00pm - 8:00pm)
- Bluebonnet Book Author Visit: March 10
- Economics Fair Project Items (35 - 40 items) Due: March 10
- Economics Fair: March 11
- Walk-A-Thon with a Book "Libraries of Love": March 13
- STAAR Testing: This year your child will be taking the Reading and Math STAAR tests (May 12th and 13th). Please, do not have your child "practice" the online STAAR tests at home. This puts additional stress and anxiety on your child. Let's remember, your child is 8 or 9 years old. This is the first year of STAAR tests. Your child already feels the stress and pressure to do well. The best things you can do at home to help prepare your child are:
- Math Practice: use Prodigy, Khan Academy, Splash Math (Splash Learn), Xtramath, and Mrs. Lilleboe's Math links on this website.
- Reading Practice: continue to have your child read every night (document in yellow folder on the reading log sheet) and use the Mrs. Lilleboe's Reading Links.
- Go over assignments that come home in Thursday folders. If your child misses a question, work together to get the answer correct. :)